TCCoA Forums banner

This is Not Goodbye

373 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Urambo Tauro 
#1 ·
Now I've done it.

I bought myself a pickup truck. It runs, but needs a little work. Unfortunately, three vehicles is just a bit too much burden for my parking situation, which means off-site storage, or letting something go. I'm keeping the Mustang. Don't get me wrong; I love my Thunderbird to death. At 214,000 Michigan miles, she's no garage queen, but is mechanically sound and a real pleasure to drive. However, you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm going to miss it.

I want to take this opportunity to say a big THANK YOU to everyone here who have helped me over the past 5 years+. TCCoA is one of the best forums I've been a part of. I encounter knowledgeable folks on Mustang forums, but the level of dedication toward the MN12/FN10 cars here is hard to beat.

When I joined, it was on account of my freshly-acquired 1994 V6 Cougar. After fixing several items (including a head-gasket job, of course), I set my sights on a 1996 V8 Thunderbird, which I have been driving for over 4 years now. It had needed many things during that time, but what I am most proud of is successfully performing by first automatic transmission rebuild. Special shoutout to member KL Mallender, for his assistance and support as I took on the 4R70W. KMal, I hope you're doing well wherever you are.

As the thread title states, this is not goodbye. Before putting the 'Bird up for sale, I decided to give family & friends first dibs on it, and my sister jumped at the opportunity without hesitation.

So the car will remain somewhat in my "periphery", more or less. I'll get to see it from time to time. Thinking that I've wrenched my last bolt on the car would probably be a mistake. ;) Sis knows I've been all over the car, and no doubt I'll be the first one she comes to for help.

As for all the information I've learned over the years, I'm not running away with it. Though my activity on this forum may become less frequent, I'll continue to visit and pitch in from time to time. Thanks again to everyone involved here, whether you're keeping the site running, moderating things, or just participating in the discussion. TCCoA is truly a priceless jewel of the internet.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.