TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
What seems dumb about it, the fact that we won't see it here in the US, or the concept of a Diesel powered car getting 65 MPG?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
There is a LOT of "anti-Diesel" mentality here in the US. There is too much of a bad brand of Diesel being a very dirty and inefficient fuel source. Now that being said, VW has had Diesel cars that have done 40MPG or better for quite a while here in the US, and it has never taken off.

That plus Diesel is consistently above $4.00 per gallon. I agree with the marketing strategy. If the car won't sell well here in the US, keep it where it will sell.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
if given the choice of an american gas car vs a foreign diesel car id go the gas car. now given the choice of an american diesel car vs any foreign gas/diesel car id go with the american diesel car. seeing as im not getting choice 2 at all, i have to go with choice 1. im in the market for a small car with great mpg and id be all over the fiesta but ford wont let me so ill probably have to go to a foreign car now. sad that i want to buy an american car but cant because they dont make one, ohh wait they do make one, but i cant buy one because they wont sell me one. smart move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts