TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just baught a brand new 2003 Yamaha Raptor, These things are fast As of right know I can do 80mph and soon to be faster after i change the gearing ratios on it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
T-BIRDS281E said:
I just baught a brand new 2003 Yamaha Raptor, These things are fast As of right know I can do 80mph and soon to be faster after i change the gearing ratios on it.
Have fun with it... I would like to buy one but we have nowhere to ride around here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You into 4-wheelers too? I have a few, 400ex bored to a 416 piped and everything else and a couple of polaris's. As for your raptor thats a great 4-wheeler, as for your top speed its at about 78.6 right now from what i know give or take a few mph. Well hope you have fun with it and wear a helmet. If you ever have any questions about your bike just ask i am very fond of them.

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
Banshees are very nice quads. Depending on what year and condition your car was in it may have been a good trade. Banshees are 2-strokes so they have a medium mantiance requierment compared to a 4-stroke. With a 2-stroke youu should rebuild the top end about every 2 years, depending on how much and how hard you would ride it. The most a rebuild has ever cost for me is about 120 -150. But the top end had to be completely replaced so it should only cost about 80-100$. A banshee is a farley fast bike and has a top speed of about 73-75 mph but since it is a 2-stroke it has one hell of a power band so hold on when u get on the gas. If you have any other questions please ask.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Ahhh good old Yamahas, my second love! I even have Yami stickers on all my cars. A Raptor is an awesome machine, I'm not sure if there's one in my future but I wouldn't mind if there was. A torquey 660cc 4 stroke and 6 gears are a lethal combination. Although a twin 350cc 2 stroke with a 6spd is just as cool. I'm torn between the two, but not mixing your gas is a definate plus. The Banshee has been around a long time, I fear the day Yamaha gives it up.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Friend has a 400ex with Exaust, ignition, kn filter. I still haven't gotten to drive though. I didn't know how to drive a clutch yet when i used to go over there. Now i drive a clutch 3 times a week. Haven't had the chance to go ridin yet. if it snows tonight tommorrow were goin ridin. Supposed to get 3 inches during the day tommorrow. Bailing from a sled goin 30 is fun as hell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts