TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is my motorcycle. Or will be on December 20th. Sweet eh? It's only a 250, but it'll be a good learner. Then on to bigger and better things!

Oh, and thanks to all the guys a few months back who helped me with their information, you made a difference between a 500 and the 250 as my learner.

:)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
thats retty sweet dude. good luck, becareful of semi's... a mechanic at the shop i go to was behind a semi on the freeway, and the semi had a blow out and the tire hit him. hes lucky though, he recovered 99% or so. i would like to get a motorcycle, but i'm kinda scared if i got one in my hands, being young and reckless, i'd prolly kill myself. -greg

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
JJanney said:
This is my motorcycle. Or will be on December 20th. Sweet eh? It's only a 250, but it'll be a good learner. Then on to bigger and better things!

Oh, and thanks to all the guys a few months back who helped me with their information, you made a difference between a 500 and the 250 as my learner.

nice looking bike. just be careful. hey, it's not the fastest thing in the world, but you just cant jump on a Suzuki Hayabusa 1300 or a Suzuki GSX-R1000 and expect to survive on your first time out....

make sure you wear your safety stuff (helmet, etc.) in case you do have a wipeout/accident.

wish i had the balls to ride a bike...i've learned that fat guys my size should stay off 'crotch rockets'. I KNOW I would kill myself. Maybe one day i'll have the courage..but i doubt it. i COULD ride a harley probably...but WHY. i'd rather be dead than on a harley.

GOOD LUCK w/ yer bike....btw, nice redline...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: this will be mine soon (110 KB pic included)

66dvlbrd68 said:
GOOD LUCK w/ yer bike....btw, nice redline...
;) Jealous? Only S2000's can rival my bike... And other bikes of course...

I am getting a helmet in the deal when I buy the bike. I am currently shopping for jackets and leaning towards a textile with armor.

Semi's piss me off in my T-Bird. I have almost been run off the road by them. I do not plan on riding the bike on the interstate all that often. I want to avoid it if at all possible.

Sweet... :)

·
2,028 Posts
Re: Re: Re: this will be mine soon (110 KB pic included)

JJanney said:

;) Jealous? Only S2000's can rival my bike... And other bikes of course...

I am getting a helmet in the deal when I buy the bike. I am currently shopping for jackets and leaning towards a textile with armor.

Semi's piss me off in my T-Bird. I have almost been run off the road by them. I do not plan on riding the bike on the interstate all that often. I want to avoid it if at all possible.

Sweet... :)
S2000's do rev to the moon.....BUT...
F1 cars and champ/CART cars can rev higher....:tongue:

good thing you're getting your safety stuff...that's always been my one hangup about bikes...nothing b/w the ground and my body but air....and clothes.

at least in a car, i have airbags, seats...doors....air....the works!

however, lets not look at the 'what bad things can happen.' dude, you're getting a bike...that kicks some major arse!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One company actually developed an "airbag" for a bike. Dianese Airbag It seems pretty cool actually and it's a nifty idea. As long as it doesn't bounce you higher off the ground or onto your head at 60-70 mph.

I am definitely picking up gloves and a jacket. I would not ride without them. Too dangerous... ;)

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
get yourself a nice set of leather. If you don't believe me now, you will after you wipe out. besides, it's a good excuse to wear leather too. :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Congratulations on the bike, JJ. You keeping the bird or selling it to buy the bike? Oh yeah, and don't let me catch you riding around with no helmet like half the melon heads in this state.
GUN

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GreenBird said:
get yourself a nice set of leather. If you don't believe me now, you will after you wipe out. besides, it's a good excuse to wear leather too. :D
It's soooo slimming too! :D

The jacket I am looking at has leather forearms and built in padding with pockets for armor. :)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gunslinger said:
Congratulations on the bike, JJ. You keeping the bird or selling it to buy the bike? Oh yeah, and don't let me catch you riding around with no helmet like half the melon heads in this state.
GUN
Sorry, just noticed your post when I got the email. I am keeping the bird for a while yet. I still want to sell it. I would like a Supercoupe or something equivalent. We'll see... Oh, you'll never catch me without a helmet!

·
2,028 Posts
JJanney said:
Ohh... Here's the dyno chart for my bike too... Laugh all you like! :)
why laugh. damn thing weighs, what, like 300 pounds, wet? plus you?

could be worse....you could be stuck on a harley.

cant run until you can walk, junior.

·
2,028 Posts
JJanney said:
355 wet. Plus me. :) I enjoying walking, but running is where it's at.
no doubt....running IS where it's at.

however, i want to walk before i run....lest i need crutches and a metal plate in my head.

:D

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All too true... It's really a shame that there will soon be another Fast and the Furious coming out, and then Biker Boyz (which is F&F for Sport Bikes). I predict there will be a lot more deaths due to racing and such...

·
Registered
658 Posts
I just got an enduro bike. It is a 85 yamaha xt 350. The horsepower numbers are close but the torque is a little low compared to my bike. My xt is a 4 stroke single cylinder(quite a ***** to kick start) and wieghs in dry at 225 lbs. The peak horsepower is 35 and the torque is about 24. This bike is more than enough to run me. I weigh 225 and am 6'1". I think that you will be surprised on how quick that 250 will throw you around. Have fun and be safe. Always wear bright colors and use your turn signals.

danman

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is an four stroke parallel twin. The torque doesn't really seem that low to me. Your bike had another hundred cubic centimeters on mine. :) Displacement is power...

I cannot wait to get it. It seems like soooo far away! Oi... I'm glad I have a whole month for x-mas break to learn to ride.

·
Registered
658 Posts
That is awesome that you live in florida.

It is cold to ride in philly. I still do it but I wish sometimes for a warm day to ride.

Read the safety Motorcycle safety book before you get on that bike. I know in florida you don't need a permit for that thing. That doesn't necasarily mean that you should just hop on the bike without knowing anythin about riding.

The book is really good and if you have the chance to take the class woth the motorcycle safety foundation....do it. I am scheduling my class for april.

danman

·
2,028 Posts
JJanney said:
All too true... It's really a shame that there will soon be another Fast and the Furious coming out, and then Biker Boyz (which is F&F for Sport Bikes). I predict there will be a lot more deaths due to racing and such...
Hopefully people wont go and do stupid stuff on bikes cuz of that movie...whenever it comes out

the fast and the furious amused me greatly. i went w/ some friends on opening day. We pull up in our mustangs, loud and fast as hell.....and there's the local rice contingent...out in 'force' w/ their mighty home cut springs and 'full exhaust' coffee can from autozone.

i dont think i'll see that Bikedr Boyz though...why see a movie in the style of the fast and the furious, when i could watch vids of some friends on their sports bikes, doing tricks FOR REAL?

160 in the rain...on a winding mountain road...now THAT'S impressive...
180 on the freeway by my friend's house...now THAT'S scary...
(multitude of GSX-R1000's and a Hayabusa or 2)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Definitely, even though I like Lawrence Fishbourne, it's not enough affection for that movie...

Have you seen the video where the guys on the bikes are doing tricks and they're out with a white Trans-Am? That's crazy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts