TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did you do with the sensor that was inside the air box? This is on my '97, I don't know when they started putting the sensor in there.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
umm... it was on my 96? I'm pretty sure its on almost all of them. Its the temperature sensor if I'm not mistaken. just put a hole in the intake tube somewhere and mount it there.

PS - I totally take back what I said. We could pick up like 2 or 3 chicks a piece in this thing.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
Get a Mustang GT intake tube 96 - 02 that has the sensor boss in it.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it's not on my '92. Maybe it's a 4.6 thing only. Anyways, I think I'll put it in the intake tube. Cheaper than getting a Mustang tube.

ps-And someone finally gets it!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Get a Mustang GT intake tube 96 - 02 that has the sensor boss in it.
I think it's only till 01, as 02+ has the IAT integrated into the MAF (6 wires).

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
What did you do with the sensor that was inside the air box? This is on my '97, I don't know when they started putting the sensor in there.
You can just mount that temp. sensor next to the cone filter and be totally fine. That is how K&N has it set up on their kits for the 94/95s.

·
Registered
320 Posts
My 94 cougar has that sensor. You could always use some plastic type tubing inline to the TB then drill and tap it for the sensor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts