TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Obviously I'm new here and I just picked up my '95 LX about two weeks ago. Recently, I installed the Flowmaster cat-back system and I have a question for you all who have this system:

Is the Y pipe supposed to hang so damn low to the ground? Like, mine is fully visible and I've actually rubbed it on a few things in the past few days (angled driveway exits mostly)... is it supposed to hang like that? Does anyone have pictures of thiers and the way it hangs?

Thanks for any responses!

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
First off, Welcome to the forums...!
the exhaust should not be hanging down that low did you double check to see if maybe you missed a hanger??
I don't have the flowmaster kit but i do have the mufflers, from that I have seen and from people that I know, the exhaust is nicely tucked in.
If you can find another hanger my suggestion is to go to muffler shop where they can make a hanger so they can lift that part up

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
ummmm nope mine doesnt "hang low" uuuuhhhh huh huh huhuhuhuhuh. seriously though, there should be three hangers i think. two for the mufflers and one alittle farther back near the pumpkin i think, maybe a fourth but i cant remember right now. i can take some pics in the morning and toss them up heeya.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys guys.. we figured out what the problem was... We just needed to move the y pipe up a little higher before clamping the mufflers down.. all fixed now, but please post pics if you want to

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
pics will work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts