TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of Mickey Thompson ET Streets 26x10.5x16 and am having some trouble hooking up with them. What's your secret, what air pressure are you running, any tips you may have.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Drag slick inflation

Start by setting them at 17 PSI and working down. You probably won't want to go any farther than 12 or 13 though. The lower you go the more top end sway you will get up top (Normally). Do a decent but short burnout on them. That's all you need. Once you get them where you got them hooking good, You'l want to be generally within 1 - 1 1/2 psi about anywhere you go for the most part. You'll just have to work with them on a test and tune day when you have time. Best information I can give you. BTW, once they've got a few runs on them they generally hook better if they are new to begin with. Just some things to try and keep in mind. Later

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you dipping them?

Do you get them in the wet box at all, or avoid it? Also, what rpm's are you launching at and are you feathering it out, or full hammer?
thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
hmmm....

hey,
i head that you gotta get them really hot before you see insane traction.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
WITH MOST DRAG RADIALS

unless you are making insane amounts of horsepower with them only require going through the water box, barely getting wet, turning them enough to clean'em and get excess water off, then stage. When I run mine they hook really well and I run the tall 275-60-15 (27.7 -28" tall) BF Goodrich drag radials. 60' times range in the 1.80's - to Low 1.90's. Best has been a 1.79. To answer your questions yes I leave the line under full throttle, with the stock convertor @ about 1500 RPM's. I keep the data on every run I make so I KNOW what I changed or did to get what I got as far as 60' and e.t. When you start doing that you will run more consistent and know what changes are working and what are not. In the NMRA racing series some of the Drag Radial ONLY class cars are running low nines or high 8's on street tires to give you the idea of their capabilities. Just some information to digest. Let me know how it turns out!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
what rims

Hey was just wondering what rims you put those meaty 275-60-15 on? So you have them on your stock 15 tbird wheels? Also were did you purchase them form. Tirerack.com???

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do slicks...

really help your 1/4 mile times? If so, how much? They're for car making alot of HP though, right?

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
JUSTIN, I

Have a 96 Cougar XR7 with the 15 inch wheels (Factory). Not exactly the best set - up for running around town on) but they do. They are hell on the track though. When I'm not running the big Drag radials I usually run 245-60-15 BF Goodrich T/A's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah...

in a bit im about to purchase a set of DR for my stock 15 for the track, and alway wondered what you could squeeze on the rim. Looks like a pair of 275 will find there way onto my bird. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts