TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a "new" bird.... I see folks with the deals on here for cash. Well, some of us aint got it like that, Soooooo, I have go the payment plan. (unless the car is under $1000. ( then it's usually a v6 and or crap BAH! ) gettin hitched again so, my girl wants us to have a "family car... heh..)

Heres's what I'm eyeballin':

http://www.automart.com/vehicledetail/adid-92328136/1996/ford/thunderbird/louisville/ky/pkg-gold

http://www.automart.com/vehicledetail/adid-92023806/1997/ford/thunderbird/schererville/in/pkg-bronze

Both are super clean and have low miles.

Or I can go....

http://www.automart.com/vehicledetail/adid-90460756/2003/mercury/marauder/lowell/in/pkg-bronze

http://www.automart.com/vehicledetail/adid-92515591/1996/chevrolet/impala/westmont/il/pkg-bronze

I have other ideas. BUt those are what *I* like.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, nice cars to look at, I wouldn't get a bathtub over a Panther though. I am diggin that Alpine Green birdy.
That car is super nice. I test drove it last weekend. The sales guy almost had a heart attack. We hit the highway at the normal 55..then I did the cannonball run on him. Took it up to 100... rolled like we were on glass. No shifting problems, no leaks, no smells. NO RUST!

So, the guy asked would you modify the car...? DUH...YEAH!

The green one is on the top 5. I really want a blue one.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
in this case screw the mn12. go with the marauder! much more car for better money, they are out of their minds on the tbirds

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
The Alpine Green bird is really nice. I dont know if I'd pay 6K for it. The Marauder seems like a decent value at 10K. The Marauder is more collectable than the bird. But I dont know if that matters to you at this point.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Obviously the following is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt… :D

The MN12's are only "Family cars" until you have to start putting a baby seat in the back. Then they turn into a PITA. Or so I've been told.

The other two land yachts, while awesome cars are still either over 10 years old (the Impala) or rather pricey (the marauder).

I think you can get more for your money if you look at something besides American muscle; especially if you're looking for a family car, i.e. something along the lines of a Honda Accord or a Nissan Maxima. There’s a reason why so many of those cars are sold!

Yeah, I know, I know: Front wheel drive, no V8, blah, blah blah. But they have excellent resale value, have a good track record for maintenance, get good gas mileage, are the perfect family car (i.e. 4 doors, plenty of room, acceptable power, good safety ratings, etc. ) and will last forever if taken care of.

Of the ones you listed, I would lean towards the Marauder or the Impala.

But again, just my opinion. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Alpine Green bird is really nice. I dont know if I'd pay 6K for it. The Marauder seems like a decent value at 10K. The Marauder is more collectable than the bird. But I dont know if that matters to you at this point.
well, I like the marauder.....but really sets in....it's a crown VIC! I pretty much can get a black Crown vic and hook up later. But, knowing me I wont want to do all that.
After checking on the crown vics....the Mighty M IS a better buy.

BUt.....I always loved the Impala SS.....I would drop it a 1 1/2 and throw some 20's on it.

We have some talking to do.

And yes SG, you were right on that color ddurn it! LOL

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Obviously the following is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt… :D

The MN12's are only "Family cars" until you have to start putting a baby seat in the back. Then they turn into a PITA. Or so I've been told.

**Been there done that...and yes it's a PITA! the kids are in the teens now, so it's STILL A PITA! LOL I'm tall so I have to pull the seat up so the kids can ride in the back. Not fun,

The other two land yachts, while awesome cars are still either over 10 years old (the Impala) or rather pricey (the marauder).

** Well, that was self enjoyment... She was going to foot 1/2 the note so why not get something that *the KING* would like. She said the Marauder is a souped up Insurance mans car. she;s not diggin that one. And the general whine about the SS...it's 10 years old and it looks like a bubble.....wha wha wha....and I said aaaaahh shaddup! lol

I think you can get more for your money if you look at something besides American muscle; especially if you're looking for a family car, i.e. something along the lines of a Honda Accord or a Nissan Maxima. There’s a reason why so many of those cars are sold!

** Didnt think about those. Thanks dude. She has an Alero with 80,000 on it. But, that thing as that console geared for short folk. I have to driver with my leg arched with just the top of my foot on the pedal, Not comfortable.

Yeah, I know, I know: Front wheel drive, no V8, blah, blah blah. But they have excellent resale value, have a good track record for maintenance, get good gas mileage, are the perfect family car (i.e. 4 doors, plenty of room, acceptable power, good safety ratings, etc. ) and will last forever if taken care of.

***Thanks yet again.

Of the ones you listed, I would lean towards the Marauder or the Impala.

But again, just my opinion. :thumbsup:
Thanks I can honor that. have a cool day.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
i say maurader....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts