TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unfortunately i cant give you all much information on the cars as i have only seen them from the street, but there are two decent looking tbirds at a used car lot here in tucson, one is a 97, red seems in to be in good shape, no visible body damage and the paint is in really good condition from what i can tell, have know anything else yet. same with a green tbird, seems to be a similar year, the body lines look virtually the same as does the grill area, but no year listed on it. the red bird is listed at $3500, which i think is rather high for this area, i would imagine the green bird would be similar in price but none was listed. base on this very sketchy information, what do you guys think price wise? worth looking at the cars more closely or not?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many miles ? V8 engine ?? Need more information. :D
yeah i know, i wasnt able to check the cars out very closely as i didnt have time today, other wise i would have given more information. by the way the green car does have some paint issues, looks like the clear coat is dead on the roof of the car. i am just wondering if it is worth taking a closer look at these cars or not. especially since i can find similar birds for a lot less money. the advantage of going through the lot though is that i can use my taurus as a trade so i dont have to sell the car privately.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
For Tucson, those prices are a little high, but normal for a dealer. Before being wrecked, my 97 with barely over 100k miles, perfect paint, V8, was worth maybe 2500 bucks (the insurance company did give me 4200 bucks for it).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i thought banster. perhaps i can make a deal on one of those birds, we shall see though, the 97 has been on the lot though for some time, perhaps three months or so.

·
Registered
253 Posts
It never hurts to talk to the dealers too on cars that have sat there for a while, sometimes they will give you a better price to save it from going to auction and taking the chance of losing even more money, dealers need to make profit so do your homework research the internet private ads for sale print them with bluebook pricing this way it gives you an inn for the points you want to prove for price. If all else fails walk away or they may play ball with you just depends, everyone needs to make money so never hurts to try but be prepared to haggle with the dealer and be relentless as they are or else you may never get the absolute lowest. I have been at places that refuse to go down and I have been to places that I thought would never go down only to walk away with a better deal than I had planned, just put on your poker face when you walk in.

The one with the pealing paint can give you a lot of room for negotiation if thats the only thing wrong with it, possibly you can just get the bad spots redone and save from painting the whole car some may disagree, but to replace a body panel in a body shape they don't paint the whole car then either so I think it can be done.

Either way I'd make sure they got the V8 before even going a step further, the 4.6 is just the engine to have on a 96-97 wheather you want to mod it or leave it stock, just far more better and pleasurable to drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts