TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is getting painted this week and I am going to try my best to keep it looking great. I was considering buying a quality noah material fitted car cover from either california car covers or this one on ebay. I have heard that covers can actually be more of a problem than they are worth for at least 2 reasons.
1. The inside rubs the paint and causes scratches/rough spots, especially when it is windy (very noticeable on black paint).
2. They cause moisture to build up underneath, allowing for rust/paint lifting/etc.

Is this a problem with the higher quality covers or just the cheap ones? I will have to park on the street once again for 2 more semesters, so I would probably just be using it as an overnight cover, to keep snow cleaning simple in the winter, on real sunny days, and maybe as a theft/vandalism deterrant (some people are just plain d*cks).

Any thoughts or experience with this?

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Sir Just to let you know I have 2003 Jaguar that I got new and have had a Wolf Car cover on her most of her life. Know problems at all :) its been thru snow , ice and the sun going on 6 years now

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I have a budge cover for mine, the seller gave it to me with the car, its quality seems ok, no problems with oxidation or fading so far

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Get a good quality cover and tie it down right. Should not have any problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts