TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the new bird with the 5x4.5 hubswap done comes the incessant need to get rid of the current rims and also upgrade to 13" cobra brakes in the front:

Here are my current thoughts on Buillitt (although I haven't looked into offset sizes etc.):

2005 Silver Mustang GT
6.295" backspacing
45 mm offset
17" x 8" wide

2003 Charcoal Grey Special Edition Mustang GT Wheel (doesn't match the 01-02 paint color-which I may have on my bird)
5-lug, 4.5" bolt circle
5.72" backspacing
30mm offset
17" x 8" wide

2005-08 Silver Mustang Wheel
6.82" backspacing
50 mm offset
18" x 8.5" wide

For Cobra R-17x9 or 17x7.5 Silver.

Any feedback appreciated.

What are some stang forums? I may pick up a set of bullitt rims off someone there looking to upgrade as well.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Nice wheels, I considered them. The only down side is the price. But hey if you've got the cash that exactly the way Id go. Cobra brakes and bullet rims, 17X8's. Thats a good size without getting expensive when buying new tires rolls around. I'm just going to buy the first set of nice and low priced 17X8's I see on craiglist.com

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
The 2003 wheels will fit and look the best. The 05-08 18" wheels won't fit without spacers.

-Miller

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have any idea on 99 Cobra 17x8s fitting? I'm checking into the offset now but thought I'd ask.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Anyone have any idea on 99 Cobra 17x8s fitting? I'm checking into the offset now but thought I'd ask.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe all of the Mustang 17x8 wheels have a 30mm offset. I have a set of 96 Cobra's that are 17x8 with a 30mm offset, and they fit perfectly in my opinion. They dont have the sunken in look in the fenders and dont stick out either.

What color is that car? Thats not stock is it? I like!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet. I have to look into it more tonight.

Nice pic!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Administrator
748 Posts

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
Ox, what color is your car man? Maybe its just the lighting but I don't think I have ever seen that before.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think either of the gray bullet wheels will look good. I also still think it would be worth trying to find some 10 anniversary cobra wheels from an 03 cobra. Some mustang forums to check out are corral.net and even horsepowerjunkies.com. I will check with my brother on others as he has an 03 cobra. He may even have a connection with some guys that want to get rid of their stock wheels.

my $0.02

Kevin M

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would suggest you check out that seller's feedback rating....very very sarcastic
and doesn't seem to care if people are unhappy with their product.

Ah-Meant to say in the post that I was just showing that auction as an example vs. me buying from them. I have other things that my cash will goto first (methanol injection, manifolds from your husband, etc.) but once I look at rims I'll be reviewing the options. :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ox, what color is your car man? Maybe its just the lighting but I don't think I have ever seen that before.
It's a repaint but using a Mustang color. I want to say Charcoal or Titanium Silver. I need to find the notes from the original owner. Needless to say I love the color. :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think either of the gray bullet wheels will look good. I also still think it would be worth trying to find some 10 anniversary cobra wheels from an 03 cobra. Some mustang forums to check out are corral.net and even horsepowerjunkies.com. I will check with my brother on others as he has an 03 cobra. He may even have a connection with some guys that want to get rid of their stock wheels.

my $0.02

Kevin M

I've been perusing a few sites already. Just found out about a dyno day this Saturday 10 mins from me with alot of cobras that I may goto. I think they might be surprised by my current bird. ;)

I found a set of the 99's in easley for $200 picked up but like I said in an earlier post-I'm spending the cash on more important parts first.

Definitely let me know what your brother finds out/pass him my #/email as well if need be.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Sweet-Saw this last night but decided sleep would be better...

its a good company, the guys who run it do a lot of weekend SCCA type racing, mostly they are into imports, but their cars look pretty sweet...like lowered minis and Si's but with actual proper suspension geometry.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
not a fan of the bullet wheels
they look like cheap torque thrust knock offs
I don't even like 'em on mustangs.

if you want the torque thrust look... I'd find out what it takes to get the torque thrust IIs on there. it's been done once (that i know of). They are sex.

i believe I'd go for some type of cobra wheel if you're wantin to keep it in the family.

Just my $.02

...you asked :cool:;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts