TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This wheel in a 15x10 design. 6.5 " back spacing 5x 4.75 bolt pattern.

Plus These wheel adapters 4.25 to 4.75 1.25" thick
The 6.5 inch on the wheel - the 1.25 on the adapters will result in an effective 5.25" backspacing. only .25 off from The cobra r's on it now.

The mounted on 275/60-15 BFG Drag Radials or 275/60-15 Nitto 555

Something like this
http://www.nittotire.com/img/img_555r_3.jpg

The nitto's are 11.1 inches wide

Any reason why this wont work?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
It will stick out a bit. If I was using a 10in. wide rim, then I would try to get a 7in. backspacing to make them tuck in the fender. Other than that it should be fine. Depending on your thoughts on using spacers...

Russell

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
A .25 inch backspace difference doesn't sound like much but it is a lot.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I checked that out earlier and that would be great except that i have rear drums and not disc, plus I can swap back to my 17' svt wheels when the nitto's/ bfg's get bad.

Thx for the response though :D

Kyle

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fast Ed N said:
Drag radials + wheel adapters !! :eek: :eek:

Probably not recommended.

cheers,
Ed N.
Well considering the aluminum hub section of the wheel is less than 3/8" thick and the adapters are 1 ¼" thick, I'm sure they would hold up. Correct backspacing would offset the additional strain being placed on the adapters. Ie. a 10 inch rim is best when it has a 5" offset. Extra camber load should be virtually nil.

My design would allow just that or close anyways 5.25"

Technically speaking the load should be transferred to the hub through the hub ring on the adapter- the hub ring on the hub- the to the suspension.

Plus this guy said it would be strong.http://www.balancemachine.com/Who_is_Fred_Goeske.asp

I'm more curious about how a 10" wheel with an 11 " tire will fit into the wheel well.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
If you plan on drag racing the car, I'd suggest checking the sanctioning body rules to see if wheel adapters are allowed. They may be a no-no as far as the tech officials at the track are concerned.

cheers,
Ed N.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts