TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I pulled the fuel lines to do the upper intake swap, I noted only two went to the engine bay. What does the third line flow to?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How big of a problem is it if say this vapor line had a rotted out rubber piece where it connects back by the fuel filter?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
1 other question about the charcoal canister.
On my application, should I still leave it hooked up?

It still is.....I think.

·
5,650 Posts
It does help with the smell. It traps vapors from the tank and lets the pressure vent, then the vapors are fed into the engine when it's running. If I recall you removed the fuel tank, right? Does your cell or whatever you are using have a vent and is it hooked up? The existence of the canister may still help trap vapors, they just won't ever get fed into the engine without a computer to control the solenoid.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
It does help with the smell. It traps vapors from the tank and lets the pressure vent, then the vapors are fed into the engine when it's running. If I recall you removed the fuel tank, right? Does your cell or whatever you are using have a vent and is it hooked up? The existence of the canister may still help trap vapors, they just won't ever get fed into the engine without a computer to control the solenoid.
no, I still run the stock tank, stock fuel pump, and stock lines.(just a different FPR, which means nothing in regards to the canister).

But, when the 5 gallon fuel cell goes in, it will be vented, not utilizing the canister.

So, I wonder if I should just follow the line that goes back to the tank, and just cut off enough to vent to the side of the car.....I'm not really worried about smell(car always stinks of exhast anyway, yay for no cats), so do you see this as a problem? Or should I just leave it hooked up until I run the cell?

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
I'm putting in another modular, but still didn't want that vapor system as it was throwing codes anyway. I removed all the components, cut that vent line off down by the tank and crimped it for now so mud wasps don't move in there. Those little guys will build a nest in pretty much any opening if it's available long enough. Later, when the new fuel system components go in, I'll run that line up behind the refueling door so it can vent freely without fuel leaking out. Same thing that one would do with a fuel cell, so I don't see any problems with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts