Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing the explorer swap other parts will be:
c&l plenum
intake spacer from steeda
demon coils / live wires
under drive pulies
Kooks headers
chip

what size throttle body and maf should I go with? I don't want to go too big and do more harm than good.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
YOUNOGO said:
I'm doing the explorer swap other parts will be:
c&l plenum
intake spacer from steeda
demon coils / live wires
under drive pulies
Kooks headers
chip

what size throttle body and maf should I go with? I don't want to go too big and do more harm than good.
70mm throttle body & '02 Gt MAF. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
BTW, it's doubtful that the intake spacer will do anything, the same with the coils and wires. When I do my Explorer swap, I'm going to go much the same route. I plan on:

VT cams
Ported heads
Kooks headers
Underdrives
Accufab plenum
70mm Ford Racing TB
02 GT MAF

Pretty much the same as yours, except a little more pricey with the cams and porting. But it'll probably take me 2-3 years to get that much money. Good luck with your swap!

edit: And as long as you're spending all that money on a new engine, get it dyno tuned. It's better than the chip, and not a whole lot more $$$.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have thought of the tune and port and polishing the heads. I don't know if you have seen the rides show with the guy that tunes computors that has the 1500hp daily drivin vette but he is not too far from me and he is "the best" if you ask around.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
don't!!!!!!!!!!!!! do the spacer from steeda i had one and lost a lot of power down low but picked up quit abit up at 5,200 but other than that it's a waste if you have any questions call my cell 913-909-2474 im at school so i have to use the library pc and don't get on often enough

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thunderbird96 said:
don't!!!!!!!!!!!!! do the spacer from steeda i had one and lost a lot of power down low but picked up quit abit up at 5,200 but other than that it's a waste if you have any questions call my cell 913-909-2474 im at school so i have to use the library pc and don't get on often enough
Thanks I was realy thinking about that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts