TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone sell a throttle body spacer for the 99 splitport intake? if so who and about how much, or the website and i can look that up. i hope this is not too general.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Simple, you DON'T need one, they haven't been proven to gain anything.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
phelonic materials have been proven on other engines, including the 5L and 4.6L. They act as a insulator, and the less your intake heats in coming air the better. Any other type of material, makes them junk.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
phelonic spacers do work but I would go with the upper to lower intake spacer, that will do FAR better than just the TB phelonic spacer. I though he was asking a question about those kind of spacers that magically "swirl" the air to increase power.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the purpose for the spacer is not for horsepower gain (although if by some miracle that happens then great). i am putting a 99 split port in my 93 tbird and the angle is pretty steep to get the transmission kickdown cable to attach. so i was thinking that i could move the throttle body out and get a little less angle. the spacer would, in theory, allow me to retain the transmission kickdown cable.
note:
the trans kick down works opposite of the throttle cable. (read mounted opposite of the throttle cable on the throttle body bracket)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
how thick do you need one? I could possibly make you one at work then.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was thinking an inch would be enough. how thick could you make one? about what would the cost be? another option i am going to look into is a cantilever design undernieth the car. let me know though. thank you for the help.

·
Administrator
8,251 Posts
Hey guys.....

Not sure if any of you have seen this yet, but look in the classifieds. There's a post in there by Flex and he says he makes phelonic spacers for anything including ones he is already making for 3.8 split ports. Just my 2 cent contribution! :gapteeth:

Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts