TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you get a bigger throttle body for a 3.8 liter engine,ford thunderbird. Would it make a difference?
chip
underdrive pullys

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
you can, but unless your going with a power adder, you will be wasting your money

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's not a waste, just depends on your car-cash flow. Some people have more money to dump on their ride than others. Bang for the buck, it's bordering near not cost-effective, unless you get your intake ported. Might want to refer a search on Thottle Body upgrades for this section of the forum. I asked about the same thing a while back. It's do-able but without porting your intake you won't see much out of it. Can definately help later on if you decide to go with a power adder, or cam change. I suggest looking at a Stage-2 modification for your 3.8 if you want as much bang for your buck as possible, in the N/A mode.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
it is a waste without any other porting done... the throttle bodies on our cars are not the bottle necks, it's the upper and lower intakes...

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Litning said:
it is a waste without any other porting done... the throttle bodies on our cars are not the bottle necks, it's the upper and lower intakes...

Agreed, though a combination of both is a fantastic upgrade. When I put my ported intakes on the 60mm TB was still in the mail. The intakes seemed to have made a good difference, but when I combined it with the 60mm it really made it all work together very well. I was very surprised because honestly, I wasnt expecting much gain from the TB. Granted, I had other mods too. So keep that in mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts