TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got one quick question concerning a 87/88 turbo coupe that I am probly going to buy. I talked to a friend of the seller of the car today, and he said that the car has some Idle/ throttle problem. He said that the turbo bird starts up and idles great, but when you push on the throttle it dies. Whats up with that? Is it a computer problem? Or is a injector problem? WHat could it possible be, how easy would it be to fix it, and how cheap to fix would it be? B/C if it don't run right I definetly ain't given hem 500 dollars for it.

If anyone has a quick, cheap fix this car will not be driven on the street, or be street legal if I get it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
try cleaning all of the electric connetors. Use a small flat head jewlers screwdriver to get the crud out of then and then put some di-electric grease in them to keep water and junk out of them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
more description

are you givin it a lot of throttle, will it move by it sell? if you give it a small amount of just barely opening it does it not stall?
is the car taken car eof , is the CEL on? how do the ignition wires look?
if it idles great and starts up it seem pretty simple, just you have to find out what it is.

turbo coupe and cheap fix usually don go together unless you are super lucky! or know a bit about EEC-IV in TC.
i need more and better info, online diagnostics isn't a simple thing

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tell yall what exactly is up with it when I go look at it this week.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
vac leak?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hate to tell ya guys, but I have decided not to buy the bird, but invset the money into my current Bird.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts