TCCoA Forums banner

Throttle Set Screw

920 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jturmel 
#1 ·
Before i read the article on the air adjuster screw, the grommet in my throttle broke, and when i fixed i went and messed with the screw, now i can't get it back to stock position, and i think i am getting terrible gas mileage because of it. I suspect that the screw is the problem and can't find any information on how to adjust back to stock position. I also suspect my egr signal switch might be broken because there is a knock in high rpm, 3000+. Can anyone help.

#5 ·
BTW

you can adjust the idle by turning the car on and unplugging the connector that goes into the TB,.....then turn the screw until the car barely idles.......then plug the connector back in, and the computer should adjust the idle from there......

when you plug the connector back into the TB.....let the car idle for 2 minutes while it's warm.....

Remember: it may take the car a couple hundered miles for the idle to go back to exactly the way it used to be....don't worry if it acts wierd for like 200 miles.......the reason it might do this is because the computerr has to relearn the idle......so it uses about 40 starts and like 200 miles of stop and go traffic to relearn the idle completely.

BeirutsFinest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.