TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure about this so I will start at the begining. I put the 94/95 Mustang throttle body on my bird. I had to grind off the Mustang linkage and install mine. Which, wasn't very hard to do. My question is, How do I set the TV cable now? When I put the throttle and tv cable on, it was too long. So I removed the slack out of them. Is this cable supposed to have some tension on it or none at all? I did the tech article on it and it isn't correct in this application. There was about a 1/4 inch length diffference. Since I had to take the slack out. Do yall get what I'm trying to say. I can't post pictures or I would. It is like the old T.B. linkage was at a certain position and now it sits a little farther back. I don't know if the Stang t.b. is shorter or longer. That may be the problem too. Really serious about this.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No body has any clue about this. It seems to be working the way it is. I was just curious. I traced the t.v. cable down to the front of the car. So I really have no clue as to what it does. I thought it went to the tranny. There are no cables from the t.b. to the tranny.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I think you traced the cruise cable, not the TV cable. A 93 does have an AOD and a TV cable, driving it at all with it hooked up and properly setup is a recipe for disaster. Since it is a custom setup, you will want to probably use a pressure gauge to set it up properly, since none of the normal adjustment procedures will work, and most suggest doing it checking pressure anyways.

·
Registered
790 Posts
so you installed the FOX AOD TB linkage into your elbow sn95 TB....not a big deal, but you DO need to have a fixed place to hold the TV cable, while having the tv cable end hooked to the TB arm and set at the proper PSI at idle at least.

The EGR spacer or EGR spacer eliminator on the FOX cars have 2 bolt locations that the TV/Cruise cable attach to perminetly while the cable ends move with the tb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts