TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
I would think so, as long as it doesn't leave a residue of some kind.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I wouldn't use it. TB/Carb cleaner is corrosive.. you don't want to corode or mess up those MAF wires. I used Windex to keep em clean.. no problems.

·
Super Moderator
11,976 Posts
drivex said:
I wouldn't use it. TB/Carb cleaner is corrosive.. you don't want to corode or mess up those MAF wires. I used Windex to keep em clean.. no problems.
so windex works fine huh? .....i'll have to try that.....in my quest to solve my low gas mileage problem.....

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spray windex on already *clean* glass and let it almost dry out, then wipe. It should smear.

Then try that with vinegar and water.

You don't need much vinegar. 50/50 would be too much. All you need is 1/10 vinegar/water. Your wife/Ma/Girl friend should be able to advise you on that.

You guys also know to us newspapers to clean your glass, right?

·
Super Moderator
11,976 Posts
soop said:
Too quick on the click...

Someone else will have to answer the MAF wire/Q-tip thing.
hehe....i can tell by the wording that you're not supposed to use a Q-tip.......i can take a hint.....so what are you supposed to do?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aahhhh... but I didn't say not to. I just haven't done it. I was hoping someone who's cleaned their MAF might offer something. I checked mine today and it looked clean, so...if it ain't broke don't go fixin' it.

Personally tho, I would do the Q-tip thing. Just have to be careful. Now don't go suing me if you do that and break your wire.

;)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Using the q-tip works good, but you do have to be careful, and you might have to readjust the wires afterwards, also make sure you don't leave no q-tip on it

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
What about using Electronic Tuner Cleaner? Think that would screw with it?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
LOL.. you guys ask alot of questions.

Windex and a Q-tip... make sure it dries before reinserting it back into the MAF unit. Be careful not to bend any of the wires... or thats $230 down the drain.

First time I did it, I felt a noticeable difference in throttle response.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
soop said:
Could I use a toothbrush? Wonder what flouride would do? Hmmmm....
Boy I'm gonna smack you. ;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
AverageJoe said:
What about using Electronic Tuner Cleaner? Think that would screw with it?
I'm sure it would work fine, since it's probably like an electrical contact cleaner. Instead of using a Q-Tip, one could also probably use a can of compressed air (find it anywhere they sell computer stuff) to blow off any particles.

·
Registered
355 Posts
any other way to clean it with out having the tamper proof bits?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts