TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haven't read through every single muffler post on every thread, but I read more than a few.
I wanted to toss out one I haven't read about yet.
I removed some blown out Flowmaster chambered muffs on my 96. the drone was mind-numbing after 10 mins.
I told the local shop, who was doing my TC, to cut those mufflers off and put me something else on. I asked about Dynamax, and they were a week or two out, so he put on some Thrush turbos. They were really cheap, like swap-meet cheap and I did not approve of the tone. Nice deep tone but too "quiet". I believe a V8 bird should "growl", at least a little bit. Amen?
The guy told me to relax and drive it a few weeks. They are traditional 'glass packed turbo mufflers and they would improve a few weeks after installation.
A month or two out... I am pleased.
I want a little more volume on my '97 project I'm doing now, but especially for the money, they are great.
No real growl at idle, but great deep, (what I like to call "sophisticated" V8 tone)
Good for those who like the music, but don't try to play it for all the neighbors
Rev. Toid

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,370 Posts
Interesting observations. Any plans to eventually end up with some Dynomax mufflers anyway? Pleased with the tone of mine, although I wish the drone from my X wasn't so pronounced at some RPMs... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I have plans to put Dynomax on my '97. I haven't gotten there yet. I just took apart the seat covers to sew up some fresh ones and ripped out the carpet. I'm laying a layer of Dynamat Extreme in the passenger compartment before I run the wires for the amps/subs in the trunk. I'm hoping the extra layer of "Shhhhh" will help out the drone I'm told to expect, but I'm really wanting to hear this one growl a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts