TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hub swap to 4.5" bolt pattern completed in March 2017. Ever since, I hear a small thunk or thud in the rear of the car when a hard turn, or suspension is flexed (slight hill, etc). I didn't initially finish the parking brake so I believed that it was it swinging around, but it's fixed now and the noise is still there. Everything is torqued to spec, but still the noise. Anybody else experience it? Any ideas?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Is there any play? I had a bad spindle before from rust on the bearing. I just replaced it with another used one with a new hub.

·
Super Moderator
7,662 Posts
All I can say is re-check everything you did because something is loose.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wheels off the car tonight. No play and everything torqued to spec., including the hub nut (250 ft lbs). Shocks, springs, and spindles are all tight. I checked out everything back there and nothing was amiss except for exhaust. I don't have the exhaust done yet and it ends at the connection near the pumpkin. The hanger for the joint is still in place and there doesn't seem to be any play.

·
Super Moderator
5,130 Posts
Triple check in the trunk; you'll feel AWFULLY silly when you find that baseball bat rolling around in the spare tire well.

RwP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts