TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used 4 l.e.d's and a 4 inch pvc pipe cap spray painted with a reflective rustoleum spray paint. drilled holes for the led's and siliconed them they are wired to a switch I installed on the dash.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, was pretty happy with the out come. I wanted to make it project a little bit but that didn't work out lol.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the leds are mounted in the cup ( like i drilled holes in the sides) and mounted them in the holes facing the back of the cap(angled back).

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Thunder.. thunder... thunder... thundercats hoooooooo!

Looks cool.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I'd like it better if you blacked out the surround and put a translucent diffuser behind the cat so just the head glows with a soft light...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought about that but then it would look off center since the head is to the left of the car(to the right if your facing it).

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
yea i thought about that. perhaps a darker tint diffuser for the surround, i dunno...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very nice!

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
I think a diffuser behind the whole thing might be a good idea. It would look neutral during the day, and would light up relatively evenly at night. Although I would vote to stay one color for the entire emblem.

Regardless of what you decide, it looks pretty sweet. And points for doing it and THEN posting about it :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts