TCCoA Forums banner

Do you conceder the term "Thunder Chicken" derogatory?

• A) YES

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • B) NO

Votes: 42 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think SanDiego is right, the only people I ever really hear that from are usually complimenting the car. I don't see how it could be offensive if you don't take it that way, if I call someone who drives a Nissan Skyline a ricer will he get mad? Probably not because he knows his car isn't a kids sticker collection run amuck and a kazoo taped to a bumper. That's m .02.

Dave

·
Registered
890 Posts
OK, I would have to agree that Thunderturd IS more derogatory than Thunderchicken.

BUT.................I don't see how Thunderchicken could be interpreted as a positive version of Thunderbird. I know whenever I have called a Firebird a Firechicken, it wasn't because I was impressed with it.

Bird = neutral
Chicken = negative (think cowardly, weak, low on food chain.......)

Just my .02

·
Registered
428 Posts
mamberg said:
OK, I would have to agree that Thunderturd IS more derogatory than Thunderchicken.

BUT.................I don't see how Thunderchicken could be interpreted as a positive version of Thunderbird. I know whenever I have called a Firebird a Firechicken, it wasn't because I was impressed with it.

Bird = neutral
Chicken = negative (think cowardly, weak, low on food chain.......)

Just my .02
I know what your saying, but I just can't grasp it as being remotely deagatory. Maybe it's just me, I dunno.. :2huh:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I don't really care, lol. A lot of people call my car a thunderchicken. You can't go around getting upset for every little thing someone says to you.

P.S. I think this post should be moved to miscellaneous.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I voted yes because usually the person that says it has a smug look on their face at the time. My canned response is "Nah, I've squeezed most of the chicken outa it" If they continue the badger, I say "Just look at the tread wear on the DR's, chickens can't ball rubber up like that."
BMan.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I wouldn't consider it derogatory considering how many of us actually refer to our cars as thunderchickens...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts