TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i pulled the carpet out the trunk of the 97 and found the build sheet for the car. Im glad i found this, as this will go along with my original dealer window sticker....

Does anyone else have their build sheet or window sticker??

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Both.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Yeah I found my build sheet in the trunk too, kinda behind the gas filler but a little forward of that point. You can't totally read it but I posted a pic of my build sheet @ http://www.fordtaurus.net/photos/96-thunderbird/p3160-build-sheet-small.html

I'm lucky I bought my car from the original owner so I have all paperwork from day 1: window sticker, original sales invoice, every oil change receipt, warranty work receipts, etc. Truth be told I'm thinking of putting it all in a binder LOL

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
I have all that and then some.

All the paperwork when I purchased the car new.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have all that and then some.

All the paperwork when I purchased the car new.
I used to have one of the magazines I believe your car was in. But my wife threw it away when I wasnt looking. She said something about it being like 8 years old.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I have the orginal window sticker and no build sheet for the 95.
And for the 73, I have the build sheet, but no window sticker.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
My Build Sheet

You lucky dog!..Thanks for sharing..

I've had my Thunderbird down to its bare bones, and still didn't run across the "Factory Build Sheet" anywhere..

I heard sometimes they were stuffed in random places like the quarter panels..Maybe one day I'll get lucky, and find it..

A couple years after I bought my Sport I ordered the "Build Sheet" for it..

I'd like to see everyone elses Build Sheets..

:)

Rayo..

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
I used to have one of the magazines I believe your car was in. But my wife threw it away when I wasnt looking. She said something about it being like 8 years old.
Probably a Muscle Mustangs Fast Ford Mag from back in the day 1999-2004 or the Sep 2006 Muscle Mustang Shootout in Englishtown.

It was in the Race pages some back during that time too and a issue of 5.0 Mag.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Probably a Muscle Mustangs Fast Ford Mag from back in the day 1999-2004 or the Sep 2006 Muscle Mustang Shootout in Englishtown.

It was in the Race pages some back during that time too and a issue of 5.0 Mag.
Yeah, Steve, you got any extra copies from the Sept 2006 one? Kym threw mine out while i was in Afghanistan.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just found my build sheet in the trunk! Sorry for the small pic, my host site needs 100kb or smaller pics. Grrr. But here it is:

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
set yourself up a photobucket account. It's free.

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
My "deluxe build sheet" from Ford has incorrect info on it... :rolleyes:

It says the car has a moon roof, which clearly, it does not, and was produced a year after it actually was. :rofl:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered the standard build sheet for mine and it stated the build year as 1997 even though it is a 1996. I'll try to get a scan of it to upload. I may order the more comprehensive build sheet anyway. But here is a better picture of my build sheet. Using PHOTOBUCKET:D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I just found mine in the passenger side taillight compartment lol, I'll try and get a pic of it later today if I can.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
SCTbird1994 said:
Apparently my 1994 Super Coupe came with the 5.8L V8 ... same as the 95 Cobra R :tongue:

That's a good one.. :tongue:

I've seen them make mistakes on the build sheets that you can order before..So it's not surprising.. :rolleyes:

The 8th digit in your Vin Number is the Engine Type..

1FALP64R1RH190089

4=3.8 EFI
R=3.8L EFI SC
T=5.0L EFI HO

If your Vin Number was 1FALP64C1RH190089

C denoting 5.8L Engine..I would really be impressed..

Thanks for the laugh.. :)

Rayo..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here is the one I ordered from Ford. Build date is May 1996 but the VIN says a 1997 model year? And i don't have a moonroof. Oh well...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts