TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MN12 Performance Inc. offers a complete lower hinge rebuild kit for 1989-1997 Thunderbird/Cougar & 1993-1998 Lincoln Mark VIII doors. Each kit includes all the hardware necessary to rebuild one lower hinge assembly and get your door alignment back to factory specs. This kit allows you to rebuild a worn out lower hinge assembly which causes misaligned doors. To see the installation instructions



Door Hinge Repair Kit

 

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
Joined
·
8,785 Posts
Nice, I think a few people will be looking for these! :)

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,194 Posts
That is very good.I need one of those.Any future plans for a kit for the uppers??Thanks. Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,194 Posts
Excellent.Thanks for the info. Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I machine the pin down to the correct length and add the groove for the E-clip. The F150 pin places the groove for the E-clip about 1/8" too far down and allows end play after it is installed. This much end play will allow the brass bushing to slip and the hinge will fail again.

Rich

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,161 Posts
Is it necessary to have the whole striker bolt and the bracket with it? Can you not get by with just replacing the plastic bushing around the striker bolt? I've done it to my 89 and it helped quite a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
Sir William said:
Is it necessary to have the whole striker bolt and the bracket with it? Can you not get by with just replacing the plastic bushing around the striker bolt? I've done it to my 89 and it helped quite a bit.

it will make it shut better, but the door will still sag while open.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,848 Posts
billabong132132 said:



it will make it shut better, but the door will still sag while open.
He doesn't mean to NOT replace the pin also on the hinge, but he's just referring to doing just the bushing on the striker part.

-J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
From what I have read on other threads/posts there seems to be differences in mounting hardware from changing model years. Does this kit work on the 95 SC models. If you aren't familar with the difficulty I'm refering to, go to SCCOA and look up the "Hinge Pin and Bushing PN's plus Repair Procedure (Updated)".
Kent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
95SprCp said:
From what I have read on other threads/posts there seems to be differences in mounting hardware from changing model years. Does this kit work on the 95 SC models. If you aren't familar with the difficulty I'm refering to, go to SCCOA and look up the "Hinge Pin and Bushing PN's plus Repair Procedure (Updated)".
Kent
I did the installation pictures using a 1994 door hinge. I have also checked out the other years 1990 and 1996 to be exact. Ford lists only one door hinge for 89-97 cars. If you follow my install instructions you will see how to install it.
MN12 Performance Door Hinge Install Instructions
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,557 Posts
SAWEEET! :beek: :thumbsup: I didn't wanna pay $70 or whatever someone else said. I've been waiting since July to do this. I'll get around to it this spring or summer. Maybe dode and some of the guys can help out next meet. :D
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top