TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi group,

I was just piddling with my insurance company's website and, by default, they have my bird listed as a "1996 Ford Thunderbird LX/SVT" Is this normal or do I have some special bird and just never realized it or what? heh.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Do a search.................

This has been covered many times.Actually it was a few months ago.Not being rude but just use the search function and that will answer your question.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Some say its a LX/SVT and other companies say its just a Thunderbird sedan. Thats what mine says, that its a sedan. I dont mind because I am sure a sedan is cheaper then a sports car.

I wonder why they say SVT though for some? Its not that the car is special (well it is, its a thunderbird ;) ) but no SVT thunderbirds were ever made in production so they cant be SVT. I know we covered this but its interesting to wonder why this is.

-Shawn

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
weird

On my insurance policy it quotes my 93 t-bird lx v8 as a "93 thunderbird SC."
That weirded me out. My car is an original 5.0 car, at least I think it was, unless someone went through all of the trouble to take the wheels off and the ground effects off and make exhaust for the car. No one is that crazy.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
96-3.8lx said:

same here...

and shawn, weren't there like 4 tbird svt's made a while back...?

Yes there were 4. They were crushed and non were made into "production".

-Shawn

·
Registered
216 Posts
USAA -knuckelheads

Usaa told me that my 91 Bird had a drivers side AIRBAG !! and gave me a discount to boot !!!! I didn't argue with them. If they are that dumb so be it.........:D

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Shawn40th said:

Yes there were 4. They were crushed and non were made into "production".

-Shawn
Rumor is Coletti has one hid somewhere....

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
GreenBird said:

Rumor is Coletti has one hid somewhere....
Yeah. It would be cool to actually see it or get him on this site or something. Maybe if we contacted him we could make a little article about it and take some pictures for the site??? That would be cool. If I happend to live where he is (Detriot?) then I would persue it.

I know he might have one. My point is most likely, no one here has that one so it is pretty impossible to have the real SVT thunderbird so I wonder what it is tha the insurance keeps insuring.

-Shawn

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
No

1. There were ZERO, ZILCH, NADDA "SVT" Thunderbirds made.

2. If your insurance policy "incorrectly" lists your vehicle, then I'd be the one who is *smart* and calls and make sure there aren't any other categories they have for the Thunderbird (i.e. to save yourself money).

·
8,239 Posts
Re: No

gee Derek,
Thanks for pointing out that there were no svt thunderbirds.

And yes I did call the insurance man several years ago, and there are two categories for the thunderbird which are:
1.)Thunderbird LX/SVT (motor size doesn't matter)
2.)Thunderbird SC

JH

Derek said:
1. There were ZERO, ZILCH, NADDA "SVT" Thunderbirds made.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts