TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well out of boredom I decided to start finding songs that are related to thunderbirds. The songs don't have to be related to the cars but have to mention thunderbird so here is the list I have so far. Add any others you can think of.

1. Beach Boys - Fun, Fun, Fun
2. Marc Cohn - Silver Thunderbird
3. Bob Seger - Makin Thunderbirds
4. Chuck Berry - Jaguar And Thunderbird
5. Gene Vincent - Pink Thunderbird
6. Quiet Riot - Thunderbird

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Axlehead said:
Well out of boredom I decided to start finding songs that are related to thunderbirds. The songs don't have to be related to the cars but have to mention thunderbird so here is the list I have so far. Add any others you can think of.

1. Beach Boys - Fun, Fun, Fun
2. Marc Cohn - Silver Thunderbird
3. Bob Seger - Makin Thunderbirds
4. Chuck Berry - Jaguar And Thunderbird
5. Gene Vincent - Pink Thunderbird
6. Quiet Riot - Thunderbird
"Even the Man in the Moon is Crying" It's not about Thunderbirds but the car, which is being driven in the song is a Thunderbird. He mentions it. I don't know the name of the singer.

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Desert Rat said:
"Thunder Rolls" on a CD from Garth Brooks after a bird poops on it.

Sorry, I'm reaching.

"Little Deuce Coupe" by the Beach Boys mentions Thunderbird as well. They actually make it clear that their "Little Deuce Coupe" will "walk a Thunderbird like she's standing still":D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Cool Dude said:
...."Little Deuce Coupe" by the Beach Boys mentions Thunderbird as well. They actually make it clear that their "Little Deuce Coupe" will "walk a Thunderbird like she's standing still":D
To be fair, "Walking" a 50's T-bird wasn't exactly a difficult thing to do. They were built for style, not necessarily racing. :D

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Traveler said:
To be fair, "Walking" a 50's T-bird wasn't exactly a difficult thing to do. They were built for style, not necessarily racing. :D

Good point but as light as the 55's-57's were, I'm sure they could've been modded easily. The 58's-up, thats another story. (Those things were like 4500 lbs. My 3.8na could probably take one)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Black and White Thunderbird - Fred Mollin and the Blue Sea Band
Black T-bird - Chicago Kingsnakes
Bird is the Word - Doodlebops (not really about t-birds, but Jon will know what I included this!)
Jaguar and Thunderbird - The Skeletons (hilarious!)
Silver Thunderbird - Marc Cohn
Thunderbird - John Haitt
Thunderbird Sally - Paul Gabriel
Thunderbird - Thelma and Louise
Fun, Fun, Fun - Beach Boys
Pocket Rocket - The Fab Thunderbirds
Thunderbird Baby - Paramounts

Jon

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
they made a cd about all the songs about thunderbirds, I saw it at walmart when I was christmas shopping

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually I saw that CD too, but if I recall only two of the songs on it were about thunderbirds.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Cool Dude said:
Good point but as light as the 55's-57's were, I'm sure they could've been modded easily. The 58's-up, thats another story. (Those things were like 4500 lbs. My 3.8na could probably take one)
My 73 weighs in at a crisp 4950 :cool:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Cool Dude said:
That song is about alcoholism and abuse though. It doesn't have anything to do with "Thunderbirds" I think the point of the topic was about songs, which specifically are about a Thunderbird or mention Thunderbird, speaking of which:
I guess you don't recognize when someone is joking.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Robert Palmer - You're Gonna Get What's Coming

The line goes "I've Got a Thunderbird parked right out back..."

Bonnie Raitt did an excellent cover of this tune at a live show in 1979.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts