TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I hate you guys. don't make me post pictures of Tbirds with the aftermarket "Presidential" fake ragtop roof option. :redmad:

Cougars never came from the factory with that crap on the roof. They were installed by aftermarket coach builders who regionally customize new cars for local dealers. I've seen Thunderbirds that suffered the same fate. So sad. so sad. :(

[Best Southpark Eric Cartman impression] Screw you guys i'm going home!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
turdferguson said:
Im suprised no one mentioned that 94-97 Thunderbirds have the LED tailights.
That would be news to me. I know the rear spoilers had the LED lights in them (as did the Cougars), but as far as I know, all MN12's came with standard bulbs in the tail lights from the factory? :zdunno:

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
The center panels on the trunk deck have a strip of LED's in them, on the bottom, they are pointing upwards. Look closely at the lighting pattern the next time you get a chance. Also you'll notice plenty of them have some of the LED's failing and you can see the uneven lighting pattern (or they are all dim). They are expensive to replace as well. They are just running lights. I think the early Tbird's just had reflectors. I'm not sure what year they transitioned to being running lights. The brake, turn signals and running lights are still bulbs in the corner lamps.

On the '89-97 Cougar the trunk panel is just a reflector. One less thing to go wrong on an old car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dayum Interesting Thread.

At last, I can begin to feel like I belong here.

I've been browsing this forum for a little over a year now and until this thread I figured there was a real reason the 'T' came before the 'C' in the Club name. All the discussions seemed to center round the bird.

Now the cat lovers are showing their claws. LMAO

Used to be I would have nothing to do with anything Ford. Then my 3rd gen Maxima developed transmission trouble and I needed a car in a hurry. This recently detailed white 92 cat with black interior caught my eye. Bought it on an impulse, and immediately hated it.

girls drive cougars? My lady looked good in it. Or is it that the car looked good on her?

Comfort? I could never adjust the seat right.

Rear window? I could never parallel park it. I could never get used to not seeing the trunk cover thru the the rear window.

and on and on! I had complaints galore.

Then 3.8L grenade exploded blowing both head gaskets. That's after the transmission started to slip due to a leaking seal.

bottom line.

I now own a 96 limited edition. (dunno what Im going to do about the right door and quarter panel smashed in by a truck), and the 92 ls in which I'm still planning to stick a 4.2L mill from a 2001 F150. It's only a matter of $$$ and a few willing hands.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
that lame low riding pimp drivng cat isnt a good representation of a cloth roof car, heres mine .

·
Registered
645 Posts
Originally posted by: OxmanWI
Yes...your right indeed, only with the alpine green clearcoat thunder-chickens with the sport option have the "killing feature". There are a very slim amount of thunder-chickens in the world today with the bonus killing option. With out talons the thunder-chickens will surly die. Talons help the thunder-chickens tear into flesh and or aluminum molding. Of course if you have seen my thunder-chicken, the talons are located in the trunk and only used against opposing cars that try and out fly the thunder-chicken(mostly Chevys, hondas, and if it's really hungry a ice cream truck or McD's 18 teen wheeler). But then they soon find out that that are mistaken and end up in the thunder-chickens stomach and are soon regurgitated into little baby thunder-chickens........it is true
The Thunderbird vs Cougar rivalry had been raging for thousands of days, with no clear cut winner. Until that faithful day, when the Alpine Green Thunderbird Sport was created from the melted down metal of a thousand failed 94-95 MN-12 torque converters. After that, all Cougars were kinda sorta impressed with its ability to use its trunk mounted talons to get Big Macs. :D

But ah yah, preference for a Cougar or Thunderbird is pretty much a matter of personal taste. They both have their good points.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
:uppoint: haha...Thanks for playing along:D

·
Registered
645 Posts
Every once in a while I can come up with a good one. :D

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Its funny someone mentioned the thunder cats lawl... someone just asked me that question the other day while riding in my 96... Personally I like the Cougars. I'm not female and I'm not that old either (only 22) I would prefer it to be lowered and I gotta get the windows tinted sometime but I believe it will all be after I get out of job school for the Air Force. And like someone said I love the trunk. I wish I had a spoiler but didn't really have an option there. I took what i could get cuz I needed a car and a 64K mile 4.6L fully loaded cougar in mint condition with 1 owner for 4K bux... But like everyone says its really personal preference...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Traveler said:
It is a matter of taste. Personally I like the T-birds nose and rear window. But thats just an opinion. Get whatever you like best.

2nd that one. That's why i bought a bird over a cougar in the 1st place. The slanted rear window is much more appealing to myself than the flat back window.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
"1000 failed torque converters" lol thats great but about the 1000 failed intakes, and the 1000 failed transmissions? What do you get from 1000 failed Mark viii air bags? When melted down they become the mn-12 squad of Super Heroes that vanquish inferior rusty N/A 3.8 fox bodies giving them an honorable death. I hope someone thinks thats funny

·
Registered
30 Posts
I like the 94-95 cougars the best. The front end is more aggressive than the later models and I prefer the newer interior over the older models.

I get the thundercats question all the time too.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
chicks drive cougars!

*runs off back to the 50inch 1080p Sony and the 360!
I didn't realize chicks had this much D*ck!!

Cougars are for the 'Genteel Upperclass' , and not the name calling peasants! (lol)

Oh, and Real Men(tm) play PC games, anyway...:tongue:

BTW, Obucina, did you notice that Peyton is hosting SNL this weekend??

(Note the Sig) :D

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
well I think my cougar looks like a drug dealers car, and in nyc I love it lol sparks a lot of curious eye's. as for the thundercats logos all I have to say is this

now for the drugdealer effect

with now darker rear tints and 5% rear tints, you can not see in the car at night, it had the chrome wheel trim too but I took it off because it wasn't in the best of shape and 1 was missing. It also has clear corners and HIDS to top it off lol.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Do you guys hang out with a bunch of children or something? I've been driving mn12 cougars since 2000 and i've never gotten asked a stupid question like why my Cougar has the thundercats emblem on it...

I can just picture Red Foreman replying to that one with "It doesn't, it's a Mercury Cougar.... dumbass!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a '95 Cougar and I love it. But like it's been said before, it's all about preference.

Old pic. It's changed under there since this was taken.....

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Well as for the thundercats thing, Im 23 so that cartoon was the ish when It was on, and all my friends liked it so I think my grill brings back memories of simpler times lmao

41 - 60 of 64 Posts