TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put together a few diagrams to show everyone what all the Window Mouldings are called, and where they are found on the 89-97 Thunderbird..

This should save us all some time..

:thumbsup:

Thunderbird Door Mouldings.JPG

Thunderbird Roof Drip Mouldings.JPG

Thunderbird Back Glass Mouldings.JPG

Thunderbird Windshield Moulding.JPG

1997 Ford Thunderbird Windshield Moulding-F7SZ-6303144-AAA (Discontinued)

89-96 Ford Thunderbird Windshield Moulding-E9SZ-6303144-A9G (Discontinued)

89-97 Ford Thunderbird Roof Drip Moulding[Passenger Side Front]-F1SZ-6351728-A (Discontinued)

89-97 Ford Thunderbird Roof Drip Moulding[Driver Side Front]-F1SZ-6351729-A (Discontinued)

89-97 Ford Thunderbird Roof Drip Moulding[Passenger Side Rear]-F1SZ-6351728-A (Discontinued)

89-97 Ford Thunderbird Roof Drip Moulding[Driver Side Rear]-F1SZ-6351729-A (Discontinued)

89-97 Ford Thunderbird Window Channel[Driver Side]-F5SZ-6321597-A (Discontinued)

89-97 Ford Thunderbird Window Channel[Passenger Side]- F5SZ-6321596-A (Discontinued)

89-97 Ford Thunderbird Door Belt Weatherstrip[Driver Side]-E9SZ-6321453-A (Discontinued)

89-97 Ford Thunderbird Door Belt Weatherstrip[Passenger Side]-E9SZ-6321452-A (Discontinued)

89-97 Ford Thunderbird Back Glass Moulding[Upper]-E9SZ-6342430-A9G (Discontinued)

89-97 Ford Thunderbird Back Glass Moulding[Lower]-E9SZ-6342404-A9G (Discontinued)

89-97 Ford Thunderbird Wiper Arm[Driver Side]-F5SZ-17527-AA (Discontinued)

89-97 Ford Thunderbird Wiper Arm[Passenger Side]-F5SZ-17526-AA (Discontinued)

89-93 Ford Thunderbird Wiper Cowl[Passenger Side]-F1SZ-63018A16-A (Discontinued)

89-93 Ford Thunderbird Wiper Cowl[Driver Side]-F1SZ-63018A17-A (Discontinued)

94-97 Ford Thunderbird Wiper Cowl[Passenger Side]-F6SZ-63018A16-AAA (Discontinued)

94-97 Ford Thunderbird Wiper Cowl[Driver Side]-F3SZ-63018A17-A (Discontinued)

89-97 Ford Thunderbird Body Side Stripe Kit~B-Pillar Stickers~[Both Sides]-E9SZ-6320000-A9G (Discontinued)

89-92 Ford Thunderbird Quarter Glass Moulding~Chrome Trim~[Driver Side]-E9SZ-6329711-B (Discontinued)

89-92 Ford Thunderbird Quarter Glass Moulding~Chrome Trim~[Passenger Side]-E9SZ-6329710-B (Discontinued)

89-97 Ford Thunderbird Quarter Glass Moulding[Driver Side]-F4SZ-6329711-A (Available)

89-97 Ford Thunderbird Quarter Glass Moulding[Passenger Side]-F4SZ-6329710-A (Available)

Rayo..

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
Ray,

Any chance of digging up the part numbers for the quarter glass moldings with the chrome for the earlier models? I know the parts are discontinued but would like to add to the list.

Joe

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ray,

Any chance of digging up the part numbers for the quarter glass moldings with the chrome for the earlier models? I know the parts are discontinued but would like to add to the list.

Joe
Np..I went ahead, and added some other useful Ford Part Numbers for the earlier Thunderbirds as well..

These Part Numbers should be useful as our cars age, and we're looking for those rare parts..

By the way..Thanks for Stickying this..

:thumbsup:

Rayo..

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow. almost depressing seeing them all discontinued.
At least if you have the part #s at hand..You can order NOS off Ebay or wherever...

Jason FordPartsCounter has been a reliable source for me for Ford Parts for awhile..

He's pretty good at tracking down some of the discontinued stuff as well..

Rayo..

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
This is AWESOME! It was very hard when I still had some of my molding for sale off my lemons tbird to describe what I had to a buyer to confirm that was the exact part he needed.
-g

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
Mine were actually painted on, no tape. Body shop handled the upgrade! :cool:

Joe

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
B-Pillar Paint Code

IIRC Ford did away with the Vinyl Tape on the B-Pillars starting in 94..

Of course I've heard of some MN12's with the Vinyl Tape, and some with paint.. :zdunno:

As far as the paint goes..When Ford started painting the B-Pillars..They used Paint Code YGYA..

I cross referenced this with the PPG paint codes..The PPG Paint Code for the B-Pillar is 9741..

Oh here's a link to the YGYA paint in an aerosol can--->>89-97 MN12 B-Pillar Paint

Rayo..

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Any satin black trim paint will do. I used DupliColor Black Trim paint I got from the local auto parts store, it's held up well. I scuffed the surface with a scotchbrite pad before painting.

·
Super Moderator
16,762 Posts
Problem(or benefit in certain applications actually) with plastidip is it's easily removable, and can come off after a while. Best off using something like Swanny mentioned if you want it to stay looking good. I used the same stuff.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Question about the door belt weather stripping, how do you treat it so the black substance doesn't rub off on everything from clothes to chamois?

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Question about the door belt weather stripping, how do you treat it so the black substance doesn't rub off on everything from clothes to chamois?
The Door Belt Weatherstrip like many of the black rubber/plastic exterior mouldings are prone to UV damage..

When they start to break down from UV damage..They will give off a black residue on your detailing towel..

Usually what I do when I'm detailing my Thunderbird is..Save all the cleaning of the black rubber/plastic exterior mouldings for last..

Then apply Mothers Back to Black on them..It's smeary so try to keep it on the trim/mouldings only..

I've been using the stuff for years on everything from interior to exterior black rubber/plastic pieces with great success..

As you can see most of the Thunderbird Mouldings have been discontinued so prolonging the life of them is highly recommended..

Once you start applying the Back to Black regularly you'll notice after a few times the luster of these pieces returning to what they looked like originally..

The black residue that you get on your detailing towel will never go away completely when cleaning these bits..

But the Back to Black will help preserve them, and lessen the black residue you see on your detailing towels or clothes in your case..

Rayo..

·
Registered
412 Posts
The Door Belt Weatherstrip like many of the black rubber/plastic exterior mouldings are prone to UV damage..

When they start to break down from UV damage..They will give off a black residue on your detailing towel..

Usually what I do when I'm detailing my Thunderbird is..Save all the cleaning of the black rubber/plastic exterior mouldings for last..

Then apply Mothers Back to Black on them..It's smeary so try to keep it on the trim/mouldings only..

I've been using the stuff for years on everything from interior to exterior black rubber/plastic pieces with great success..

As you can see most of the Thunderbird Mouldings have been discontinued so prolonging the life of them is highly recommended..

Once you start applying the Back to Black regularly you'll notice after a few times the luster of these pieces returning to what they looked like originally..

The black residue that you get on your detailing towel will never go away completely when cleaning these bits..

But the Back to Black will help preserve them, and lessen the black residue you see on your detailing towels or clothes in your case..

Rayo..
Thank you, I have Back to Black, but I haven't used it much. I got some on the roof drip molding and it turned it streaky white in sections, and I can't remove it. I'll be more careful, and just use it on the appropriate trim pieces.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you, I have Back to Black, but I haven't used it much. I got some on the roof drip molding and it turned it streaky white in sections, and I can't remove it. I'll be more careful, and just use it on the appropriate trim pieces.

I forgot to mention..You should clean the mouldings thoroughly before applying Back to Black

A small sponge, and rubbing alcohol should be sufficient..

That white streaking you see is probably left over wax..That needs to be cleaned off first with the rubbing alcohol..

Try to apply the Back to Black quickly so there is a UV barrier protecting your trim/mouldings..

Rayo..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts