TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must have passed 15 T birds and Cougars this morning on the ride home from work. This was the first time I've ever seen a super coupe in my town. It was at a shop/carlot so I may go back and see if it's for sale. Then I passed a 94-95 with the razzi kit which is extremely rare around here.

I also got behind a bird with the gold emblems. This is the first time I've ever seen them although I have read about them on here. I seem to recall that most of them are seen on the west coast but I could be thinking of something else.

Does anyone know how rare these are?

Are the bird emblems on the taillights and the Thunderbird LX on the drivers side taillight the only gold emblems on the car or is the front bumper emblem gold also?

·
Registered
425 Posts
yeah there are a crap load of thnderbird around the orlando/daytona area in florida. the neighboorhood that i live in has about 5 alone mostly 3.8's owned by antique citizens(senoirs) and one being a newer 03 and there are 5 that go to my school ONE of which has the golden emblems on it. im not sure where the origin of these emblems comes from but id liek to find out myself. it looks liek tho that the emblems are gold dipped rather than gold plastic cause they seem to be peeling off. but yeah i see on average about 10 a day, 4 being a bad day and about 20 on a good =], plus my girlfriends uncle has a thunderbird. not too many that i see are modified but i have seen one with the xenon kit and about 2 with 20s on em. i met some kid last night that just got a 94 3.8 2 days ago and i told him about the forum and our community we got going.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I live in Thunderbird land. My area has alot of birds. Just in the block that I live on and the next block there's my car, a 96-97 blue 3.8, a 96-97 black 4.6 Sport, a 96-97 white 4.6, a 94-95 white 4.6, an early 90's Cougar Burgundy, a light blue 91-93 3.8 and that's what I recall. Also in the are I have seen a 94-95 4.6 with the Xenon kit and Lambo's. Plenty of T-birds with custom wheels. Plenty of 94-95 SC's as well as 89-93's. Just ask Homer. There's T-birds everywhere!!!!!

There's a 90 at the impound that can be purchased for 500 but it's a 3.8 so meh.

·
Registered
825 Posts
ther is a couple here nothing to rare the only sc i've seen is the one my brother went to iowa to get none at the bone yard just 3.8's and fox body 5.0 not even a turbo coupe. but a guy i work with has a red 94 4.6 and tells me it's fast and gets angry when i laugh at him and walk away.

·
Texas Chapter Director
5,173 Posts
I see atleast 20 birds or cougars a day when working. Houston is full of them. Me and another guy on the boards work together and drive all around town. Everytime we see one we point it out to each other. Just down the road from my house the main road has alot of dealerships down it. When I drive down it I can count atleast 10 MN12's for sale. You will always see atleast one at a dealership. Most of the Houston guys get together atleast one a week. I will have to get a group pic of the four 95 pearl white SC's that hang out.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Where I live, northern VA, there's hardly any T-Birds around. I feel happy when I see them, because I don't see them often.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Seeing as how I live a few miles from the plant where they were assembled, they're everywhere here. Pretty common to see quite a few on the roads, highways, turnpike, etc. However, with that in mind, I'm faced with a most unique dilemma. I'm looking for one for daily driving purposes. I'm having *zero* luck finding one in this area (at least one that doesn't have the very pronounced rust problem in the rocker area). Every one that I've found has insanely high mileage. Not cool at all. I want one really bad too, but this is the way it always works out. When I have a pocket full of funds, there's nothing.........once the money is gone, three or four museum worthy cars will surface, LOL.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
SVT2888 said:
Today at the carwash there was another car that looked almost like mine but it had no spoiler, yellowed lights, and stupid chrome fender trim.
<i>I went out with this girl one time, she looked like Michelle Pfeiffer, only she was a little shorter, and her face was different...:rolleyes: :D </i>

~Chuck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts