TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I'm just picky but a Thunderbird airbag would look better on that steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I like it! And I agree on the stock exterior looking better than riding on "twunties" like most of the resto mods.

My guess is the original motor was missing, interior trashed, etc. Otherwise, it would not be cost effective to put all that into the car, only to pull less money than an original. A good original one can easily approach six figures.

Al

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
All that work and it still has manual windows?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I'm not sure I like the restomod interior. At least to me, I've always associated the Mark VIII interior with old men and would have preferred a more classic interior.

I do like that they have allegedly kept the A/C operational; for this kind of money and level of customization though, I'd probably want a more detailed look at the underside to see if this work was only "skin deep".

But who am I kidding? While I have no doubt they will get a decent offer for this car (maybe not $50K), there are plenty of cars I'd rather own for even half that amount vs this project.
-g

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Maybe I'm just picky but a Thunderbird airbag would look better on that steering wheel.
This.

Also, I was really disappointed when I seen the live axle with leaf springs under the car. Its like they spent all their time and money on the engine and interior without realizing the car will still drive like crap.

Overpowered tuna boat.

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
The engine is certainly in a more user friendly position without an overhanging cowl.

I'm no suspension expert but it does not impress me underneath.

I would have expected a better upholstery job for the build. The steering wheel, door panels, carpet and even trunk carpet look amatuerish. Makes you wonder what other corners were cut.

Nice plan but not the best execution IMHO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts