TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering that when i start my car up it very very quiet but the thing is that i hear a very slight tick for the hood of the car when its shut. theres no knock or nothing but just a very slight <tick=tick-tick-tick-tick> is that normal or bad?

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
I have always been told that in the morning especially, it is the fuel injector's ticking.

really annoying, almost sounds like lifter tick right? and it increases in speed with engine RPM too? let us know

JD

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
my car does that....... it bugs the crap outta me!. oh well i guess ill just have to make the engine louder ...lol

·
Registered
676 Posts
me 4!!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
The injectors aren't any more noisy than other cars injectors, but the engine is much more quiet, so you can hear them.

With my car, If your more than 10 feet away, and the fan is off, you can't even tell if the engine is running or not

·
Registered
709 Posts
screw the ticking. the whining bugs be to death! damn whiney 4.6's my buddy always says.

Jake

·
Registered
926 Posts
I have a brand new 2002 engine and it did it from day one.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah I can hear the injector tick on mine, too. But, sometimes I can hear (sounds like the hydro lifters on HO 5.0) a lash adjuster and/or the roller on the rocker to cam rolling/tapping real lightly. Maybe my car has too many miles (129,000 aprox) and I think that I can hear a valve closing in my exhaust through the tail pipe. It's real faint but I can hear it.

I can really hear all the moving parts when I go through a drive through.

Something ticks me off,

Clay

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
cman2007 said:
Something ticks me off,

Clay
LMAO :uppoint: :uppoint: 2 "puns" up on that one :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts