TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just replaced my LCA's im still not sure how to tighten the strut rod @arm down since it just keeps spinning its set at 8 threads from the tip where it was before. It's on tight but I'm not sure on how to torque it correctly. I'm also replacing the tie rod ends I have the adjustment nut loose and the cotter pin and nut off on top. Now how do I get the end popped out both my tie rod end pullers don't fit as the brake shield is there. How do I remove it? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
use a pickle fork and beat the living shiznit out of it to get the tie rod off.

im not really sure what your asking in your other question.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nevermind the first question I figured that out just needed it tighter. One thing though; on my drivers side i tightened the lower ball joint nut and as it came down I could feel the whole joint spinned a bit. Then I realized I forgot to use a jack and lift under the lbj and finished tightening it. Do you think it got damaged like that? O well on to the tie rod ends any easier way of getting them off?

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i did it!!!! lol took off caliper and rotor had enough room to put the puller in kinda slanted but worked. I went flying back like 2 feet when it popped surprised me lol. one more side and im done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts