TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't buy napa tie rods. Don't buy napa tie rods. Don't. Buy. Napa. Tie rods.

I've got a :gasp!: tie rod that took a dump so last night I went to replace it -- napa 40$ (in stock), advanced $60 bucks (not in stock) ...hmm, ok, picked up a pair and got to work. popped the old one out, and go to put the new one in -- really rude surprise. As were pulling the joint into the spot to we can get the key thingy in, it suddenly gets REALLY easy to torque. So, surprise, the king nut ...is aluminum so naturally, put some torque on it and away it goes, instantly south. Josh nor I was very happy about this.

So out of curiosity, I call the ford place just down the street. "yea, 40 each, we can have them by tuesday afternoon" .... :mad: damnit. So anyway, bad napa, no doughnut!

·
Registered
654 Posts

Back in the day NAPA was the quality parts store
Not today :(

Fubarian said:
Don't buy napa tie rods. Don't buy napa tie rods. Don't. Buy. Napa. Tie rods.

I've got a :gasp!: tie rod that took a dump so last night I went to replace it -- napa 40$ (in stock), advanced $60 bucks (not in stock) ...hmm, ok, picked up a pair and got to work. popped the old one out, and go to put the new one in -- really rude surprise. As were pulling the joint into the spot to we can get the key thingy in, it suddenly gets REALLY easy to torque. So, surprise, the king nut ...is aluminum so naturally, put some torque on it and away it goes, instantly south. Josh nor I was very happy about this.

So out of curiosity, I call the ford place just down the street. "yea, 40 each, we can have them by tuesday afternoon" .... :mad: damnit. So anyway, bad napa, no doughnut!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts