TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rescently replaced a lot a suspension parts on my 35th SC, but I feel that it still rides a little sloppy. This is what I've replaced: Tokico Illuminia shock and spring all around, front tension struts and rear bushings, front left and right lower control arms, left upper control arm ( because I ripped the boot), end links all around and got it aligned at National Tire & Battery (NTB). Not the first choice to do the alignment but the closest due to the circumstance. But let me say this, I could not get one of the rear springs off yet so one side still has the factory spring on. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
329 Posts
theres your problem(spring) also when you do a control arm you must do both sides

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
The spring definitely isn't helping you any. Don't really see what the upper control arm would hurt other than one side now has new bushings since you replaced that control arm and the toerh side doesn't. The different springs would definitely mess up the balance of the car as one corner is going to be trying to sit at a different height and has a different spring rate and all. Get that spring swapped before you drive it very much, changing tha spring will effect the alignment on that corner too.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Where are you unbolting the lower control arm for the back suspension?

If you're doing the inside bolts - good luck! Getting the 2 bolts out that hold the hub assembly shouldn't be that hard - simply get the nuts off, disconnect the shock - and you're set.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Why would you replace all but one spring and then get it aligned....also...Just goes to show the mentality of NTB. Those guys are idiots. They should have seen the car sitting weird. If not then the alignment would be way off for one wheel sending up a flag to them!

Don't take anything to NTB.... example....ex gf and I go to them for a leaking valve stem in a Jeep Wrangler. They replace it with a valve stem that sticks out an inch past the wheel... The rest don't stick out because if the Jeep goes off road it will bend it and break it!!!! They either didn't take the time or care to look or just didn't know.

NEVER TRUST NTB!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts