TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im intersted in doing a forward hinged hood instead of puting hood pins, no i dont want you to tell me i should just get hood pins and spare my work i HATE the way they look on thunderbirds, but that being said anyone on here hinged there hood the oposite way?

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
one of the ways i have seen it done is by getting all of the hardware off of a 85-91 buick full size fwd, like the 85-91 park avenue, or the 86-91 lesabre, and modify it to work on whatever you are putting it on. it's alot of work from what i have heard but i still think it would be worth it, i'll prolly do it to one of my cars eventually as well.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i have the hinges in my garage from a 89 buick lesabre. i had them on my nissan hardbody mini truck but never got around to finishing the job and took them off.
its really not that hard, just takes time and patience so you can adjust everything correctly.
on the tbird it looks like it can be a little more difficult since the area where the hinges would need to be located is pretty congested, so you would probably have to relocate some things. ill look for the HowTo that i used a while back and post back when i find it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts