TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can some one tell me the difference in a Mark VIII TC, 99+Mustang TC and a Marauder TC. Also which one would be better for my 95 4.6? It has been Jmodded and i would like to get it chipped soon. Thanks

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
mustang and mark8 TC are the same... 2400ish stall. Marauder TC stalls a little higher...2600-2700 i think. Either one would be great...whichever is cheaper :D

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Just make sure you get the converter seated all the way in the tranny before you re-install the tranny, right Wes????????? It's a real bite in the butt to get everything put back in, and try to rotate the engine to put the converter to flywheel bolts back in, and realize what you did. Makes for a bad day.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
weswing04 said:
mustang and mark8 TC are the same... 2400ish stall. Marauder TC stalls a little higher...2600-2700 i think. Either one would be great...whichever is cheaper :D
Both are $150 from Dan Newman, and $50 for the flexplate (fits both)

This was last weeks prices.

Hope it helps
Rob

·
Registered
89 Posts
Funny you mention that Rich95XR7 we installed the mark VIII tranny this past weekend and after numerous attempts of mating the trans to the flexplate we finally found out it wasnt all the way in the pump gear. It made for a real long day.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
Just make sure you get the converter seated all the way in the tranny before you re-install the tranny, right Wes????????? It's a real bite in the butt to get everything put back in, and try to rotate the engine to put the converter to flywheel bolts back in, and realize what you did. Makes for a bad day.
yeah...but you guys wouldnt have figured out the way to install the TC in two hours... ;)

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
weswing04 said:
From Ford's Sevice/specs DVD,here's what you want...
4.6L Marauder:
Minumum stall speed=2,555 rpms
Maximum stall speed=3,011 rpms

JL
2W3Z-7902-AARM ~> Marauder / Mach 1 Torque Converter ~> $215.98 (list price)
Core Charge $ 50.00
F3LY-6375-A ~>Mark 8 Flex Plate ~> $ 71.38 (list price)
F6AZ-6441-AA ~> Torque Converter Nuts ~>$ 1.05 (list price)
The prices are less if you are a member of TCCoA, so do contact Dan Newman.

I like my Mach 1 / Marauder converter. ;)

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
weswing04 said:

yeah...but you guys wouldnt have figured out the way to install the TC in two hours... ;)
Yeah, I guess practice makes perfect, and the fact that we had to be out of the shop in 2 hours helped speed things up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts