TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. Its been a while.

Well, my current tires have had it. I have a leak in my rear tire (has a hole in it) so i have to fill it every day and the treat on all of them is almost bald. Its time for new ones me thinks.

Id loove to get 17" with them but dont think i can afford them (not sure how much rims and tires would cost.

I was looking at getting 225/60R-15's but the guy at the tire shop said that those might look too small, and recommended 235's instead.

I was wondering if anyone had eather size on their bird, and if so could you post a pic so i could see how they look? (or send them to me)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have 235/60 r15 on stock rims. The cost difference between the 245 and 235 was too great. Didn't throw the speedo off but like 1mph at 60. Looks great IMO and I don't have to worry about the tire folding under the car on high speed corners.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 235/60 r15 on stock rims. The cost difference between the 245 and 235 was too great. Didn't throw the speedo off but like 1mph at 60. Looks great IMO and I don't have to worry about the tire folding under the car on high speed corners.
Thats what im looking to avoid for sure. Theirs alot of sharp corner backroads where i live so good cornering is key in the tires im looking for... Got any pics?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put Avid 245's on my Car 2-3 years ago (This was the car before the LE, and before the Red Sport before that). I then sold the car to my sister. They have worn very well, haven't folded under, and she says she gets compliments on them all the time. And they were relatively cheap.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVID+S/T&partnum=46TR5STOWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

Those will fit on the stock rims? Will they rub on the car?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
They fit on the stock Salad Shooter wheels just fine. And they haven't rubbed once in the years that my sister has had them.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I wouldn't go any bigger than 245/60 on the original 15" wheels. If you want to go with 255's you need to get the Sport or SuperCoupe wheels and get 255/50/16, or get a set of 17's.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would recommend the 245 also.
Those look pretty good, not as low profile as id like, but i guess to get the style i want, id need bigger rims :\ Which i cant afford.

Those pretty wide compared to stock tires?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Yea they're pretty wide, and fit the fenderwells very nicely.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i called discount tire and they quoted me the following..

Kelly Chargers 245/60-15 full set for $331.21
55,000 mile tire

Anyone know if they are good tires/price? I cant find them on tire rack

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, think im just going to go ahead and get the 245/60 kellys from Tire Barn. I looked at the tire yesterday and it looks decently wide, course i know that means little till its actually on the car. Well see i guess.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Its done! Here they are, and they look alot better than the 215's thats fo sho! Oh, and they filled them with Nitrogen instead of air. Do you guys do this too? Is it really better than air?

Oh, and the guy at the place said my right inner tie rod needed to be replaced. (ill hit that in another topic)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Its done! Here they are, and they look alot better than the 215's thats fo sho! Oh, and they filled them with Nitrogen instead of air. Do you guys do this too? Is it really better than air?

http://home.insightbb.com/~sylaera/images/245-60-15-03.jpg

http://home.insightbb.com/~sylaera/images/245-60-15-02.jpg

http://home.insightbb.com/~sylaera/images/245-60-15-01.jpg

Oh, and the guy at the place said my right inner tie rod needed to be replaced. (ill hit that in another topic)
That they do friend, that they do.

The Nitrogen is less likely to "seep" out than compressed air is. But when you go to check your tire pressure at a gas station you're going to use compressed air, so in the long run you're using air anyway. If the Nitrogen was free, cool. If it costs extra I wouldn't bother with it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That they do friend, that they do.
If the Nitrogen was free, cool. If it costs extra I wouldn't bother with it.
I asked the guy that. He said that normally its like 5 bucks a fill, but since i bought my tires from them, and as long as they are under warranty, they will fill it free. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts