TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered what you guys thought were the best shocks for our mn12s. I plan on getting some sc/sport springs whenever these lx 80k + shocks wear out. Just wondered which shocks give the best handling, etc.

·
Registered
348 Posts
SC springs don't lower, they raised my car about an inch in the back:mad: But the ride and handling has kept me from removing them.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If money's no object, I'd say Eibach springs and Bilsteins; if you're on a budget, throw on some Monroe Reflexes. Heard lotsa good things about them, and they're kind of middle-ground as far as price goes, but I don't know how well they take to being used with lowering springs, so I'd stick with stock springs if you go that route - I know that Sens-a-Trac shocks totally SUCK when used on lowered vehicles. (Bilsteins are supposedly valved to work with stock or lowered rides.)

Cost for Reflex (at Advance Auto), fronts = $85, rear = $35 (approximate)
Cost for Bilsteins, rear = arms, front = legs :D

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I have heard good about Tokico. JustinH has them for shocks and springs and loves them. Dont quote me here but I think it was under $400 for the whole Tokico package. Blistens have always been popular and seem to be pretty good. I dont have experience with any myself though.

Where do you guys with SC/Sport springs get them? New or used? And about how much?
Thanks.

-Shawn

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
To be honest the Bilsteins are so good you might want to install them with your stock LX springs first to see if you really think the SC ones are necesary. I am running stock springs, Bilsteins and poly bushings. The only thing else I would want to add would be a set of Johnys chasis braces

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
Shawn40th said:
Where do you guys with SC/Sport springs get them? New or used? And about how much?
Thanks. -Shawn
Shawn...I wrote to Max at Five Star Ford about SC springs recently. The price, though I cannot recall exactly, was about $310, plus shipping. These were for a set of four SC springs, using the J code.

I've not found any aftermarket springs for the SC at all. In my current situation, the cost is a tad prohibitive.

Hmmm....I will probably end up going with "stock" springs. There's too many inclined/declined driveways and parking lots here, not to mention potholes and poor roads, thus, lowering is out of the question. Just curious: anyone have a recommendation on aftermarket "non-lowering" springs?

Edit is to list the part numbers and prices I received.

(from Max @ 5-Star Ford)

"The prices are EACH as follows............

PART NUMBER DESC LIST PRICE YOUR COST
E9SZ-5310-J FRT SPG $110.47 $82.85
FOSZ-5560-J RR SPG $96.38 $72.29"

·
Registered
93 Posts
The cheapest place I found for Monroe shocks and struts is www.rockauto.com, Sensa-Tracs $150 and Reflex $205, this includes S&H and is for both struts and both shocks. I think the only other brand they carry is AC Delco. I'm about ready to do this as I noticed last summer that the car seemed to be have more body roll than past years. I've owned since new and I love the car. I've priced the factory replacements and they're only about $7.00 less per strut and shock (this is directly from distributor without the dealerships markup). I'd rather have the Monroe's. Anybody out there have either the Sensa-Tracs or Reflex shocks and struts on their Bird? My T-Bird has the Sport option.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
i have the LX springs and the Sport package shocks. I got the shocks from a local dealer Al Packer West for 20$ for rear shocks and 80$ for fronts...i just specified the sport suspension and they were delivered the next day.

joseph

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have 2" eibach springs and just bought a set of KYB shocks and struts. All i have to say is DAMN!!!! these babies hug like your grandma on easter sunday. And they only ran me 356.00 with install at Les Schwab. If any one wants these or needs any questions asked about them, contact me at [email protected] i can get you a killer deal. Later

Jesse

1 - 11 of 11 Posts