TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i know everything there is to know to rip the rest of this engine apart, but i have never ever done a timing belt on one of these bad boys before. I am going to be swapping the cam, and the only thing im worried about is being able to get the timing belt in the right spot, how do you adjust the tensioner on these things, because the haynes is pretty vague on how the tensioner works. If i knew how to adjust the tensioner then i'd have no problem at all with it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Don't pry on the roll pin where the spring is. I made that mistake on time and it was a $20 whoopsie when it came fling apart.

Dont you just love those special tools?

·
Registered
109 Posts
what specal tools?

just a good long scew driver with a pice of house taped to the shank so the hose touches the belt and then pry the tentioner toward the water pump and lock it down with the hold down bolt.

then lay in the new beltloosen the hold down bolt and let it snap into place then just go a nudge more tighten the hold down bolt and roll on

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so basically loosen the bolt on the plate, then pry on the tensior, which part by the way? then the reverse to reinstall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts