TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help I have a 88 tbird that I have converted to mass air with the help for a mustang.
The problem is after the converting the timing will not advance. The computer is used but I was told it work. I have the pip plug in and base timing at 14 degrees base. It has a ford racing e-303 cam in it and equal lenght header. Timing will not advance when engine speed is raised but will jump when engine speed is decreased.
PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The computer does the over all advancing to what I understand. That is the problem.
The computer is not advancing the timing under a load. I have the base timing at 14 degrees. I almost think the computer is bad. I took the control mod. in and it passed the test just fine repeatedly.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
does the computer have a chip to let it know of the cam and other things, try getting that computer tested to see if its working right

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just pick up a reman computer tonight. I am going to try this one to see if it will work. No I do not have a chip, just the factory computer. The car ran with the cam just fine until it found its way in to the tbird. I transplanted all the wiring and whatelse from the "parts car". So hopefully this computer work. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts