TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need pictures of the marks on the block where you use to set engine timing. in the garage right now and my book doesnt show pictures. any help guys would be awesome!!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
crank keyway lined up at 10:30 :

passenger side timing chain marked together with the crank gear:

passenger side cam gear marked together with timing chain:

if you still have the stock 2-piece crank gear, once you remove the passenger side timing chain and the front-half of the 2-piece crank gear, then you can also mark the driver's side chain at 6:00 on the second half of the crank gear, and then at the cam gear:

in the pics of the cam gears, the marks are put on the chains and cam gear right where the dimple is on the cam gear itself

i know the pics are sucky cause i took them with a cell phone camera, but i think you get the idea

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
one bright (or darker) link in each chain (equal distant from each other) lines up to to the dot on the crank gear (not keyway... DOT!) and one bright (or darker) link on each chain lines up to the dot (not keyway or slash.. DOT!) on the cam gear.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
yes that intake should match up no problem the overall design was changed in the valve/spring/flow areas nothing messing with the match up of the intake or coolant ports

1 - 8 of 8 Posts