TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the name of the thingy... that is on the back of the manafold that tells the EEC what to adjust the timing to be? :confused:

Sometimes when I hit the gas, it almost stalls... and I have allot of constent lifter noise.

I cleaned the MAF sensor which was dirty, and that did nothing...

Does anyone think my problem might be the TPS?

Should I change the plug wires? I believe they are OEM with the cylinder numbers on them. I already changed the plugs.

THanks,

www.tbirder.com

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
there's nothing on the back of the manifold that controls timing, only the distributor and timing chain control timing on the distributor cars. But it sounds like your IAC may be bad (located on the top of the throttle body). For the lifter noise you can try putting some Seafoam in the oil and see if that helps.
-Thomas

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iac??

What is "IAC" short for?

Is "seafoam" a brand name oil additive?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
IAC stands for Idle Air Control, it opens when youre at idle, and if it is sticky it might stay open when you give it gas, giving the engine too much air, which can make it stall.

Seafoam is the brand name and among many other things, it is an oil additive.

-Thomas

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Oh ok, you twisted my arm :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seafoam is not available in my area? When I ask about the product, I get strange looks...

Is there any other product that helps lifter noise? Will some one will send me a bottle?

Thanks,
tbirder.com

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found it today! I poured a half a can in the crankcase after a fresh oil change. I have to wait till the ride home to see if it helps the pinging...

tbirder

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
now add a can of it through the pcv valve, follow the instructions, and create more smoke than a snoop dogg concert :)

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
tbirder said:
A WHOLE can?
oops, a whole one is supposed to be added to the fuel tank. im not sure how much you add through the pcv valve, but doing that will help clean out all the carbon buildup in the engine, and makes alot of grey smoke come out the exhaust.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i usually just do a whole can in the intake too. Or you could do one can in the gas, half a can in the oil, and half a can into the intake system. Whatever, it all works just the same.
-Thomas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts