TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would i have to remove the oil pan to get this item off? THanks.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Nope, just DON't forget the single SMALL allen head bolt by the oil pump, you WILL crack the cover otherwise as I did! (nothing a little JB weld didn't fix though)(

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know i saw..hehe..they call it a cap screw i think...
thanks for the info man, you saved me some work..!!

·
Registered
801 Posts
why are you removing it dude???? is it leaking???? i think i have a really small leak im not sure but the front screws were kinda loose so i tighten them up, lets see if it fixed the problem. Isnt there a recall on the timing belt covers for the 3.8s???

Marvin M.

·
Administrator
8,248 Posts
Marvin M. said:
Isnt there a recall on the timing belt covers for the 3.8s???
I know there was one for the 96-97 3.8.

Joe

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh no oh no..if it were leaking id just say who cares..

my chaing is really really bad and it jump some teeth....and well i havent driven it in almost a month..i think i can turn my crank 16degrees before the rotor moves..so..lol

and just when i was putting it on TDC to remove dist. it was jumping teeth..so...yeah...small leaks dont bother me,..

·
Registered
801 Posts
so i shouldnt bother with it, well the good thing is that its just a realllll small leak its like the gasket itself looks green but its not leaking anywhere. I tightened the screws on the front lets see what happens.

Marvin M.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah if it still does..just clean it some and put some silicon over it, it should slow it down even more.

·
Registered
801 Posts
kewl sounds like a plan, thanks for the help anomnity ill do that.

Marvin M.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts