TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got my new rear window put in after it was smashed the other night in an attempted theft/break in. Nothing else damaged, nothing stolen, they must have ran off due to police or alarm (it was in the middle of providence ri). Anyway insurance covered the new rear window and will cover up to $100 to retint the rear window.

I previously had 13% tint on the rear, it was put in with three pieces, the seems matched up with the defrost lines pretty well. Although you could see it, I always wanted better.

I found a place called xtreme clean, they will tint the rear window in one piece. They want $125 and give a lifetime guarantee. They only offer down to 20% in one piece (next step is 5%), otherwise the film is too thick and they need to do multiple pieces. 20% is ok but not really as dark as I wanted. Also this place is way out of the way for me.

Can anyone from south east MA recommend a good tinter that will do it in one piece?

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
i had my done at work by a company called uni-trim. he is out of bolton, but may travel. he will only do the legal limit with a warranty. he would do darker, but it had to be paid in cash, and no warranty or receipt. telephone is 978-728-1380. good luck.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was is one piece? Did he travel to you? (Because I work in Framingham) Any idea what kind of tint he used? what did you pay?

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
tha back was one piece. he did come here to my work in leominster. i don't remember what tint he used, sorry. i paid $150, but that was for all 5 windows.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
any luck?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't called yet, I'm going to give him a call when I leave here (work). Thanks!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Xtreme Clean is the way i would go those guys are beyond perfectionists and the tint they use is the best quality ive ever seen. i know one of the detailers there, actualy i bought my T-Bird from him too.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Thunder Canary said:
Xtreme Clean is the way i would go those guys are beyond perfectionists and the tint they use is the best quality ive ever seen. i know one of the detailers there, actualy i bought my T-Bird from him too.

Is that the company that lazer cuts the tint? I thought they where out of Burlington.

·
Registered
122 Posts
no they're in weymouth near ricky smith pontiac. i dont think they laser cut it. they shrink the seams so you cant see them and they tint rollling windows all the way to the top. its nothing too fancy just really well done, the windows just look so nice after, i mean they look like tinted glass instead of tinting on glass if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well I don't need tinting for a while now.........just smacked up the fron of the mark because of a big piece of wood in the road. I hit it on 495 and it threw me out of control. I went off the road and hit a mile marker sign, that's what did the damage, well most of it. So now I need a new window, dashboard, radiator, trans cooler, a/c condensor, trans pan, and some other parts...........good thing I have insurance.......although I will be doing all the work myself.

·
Registered
507 Posts
xtreme clean is awesome, i had my sc done there
sc
they did this "tatoo tint" flame design for $225 they did an awesome job. one of the guys that works there use to have a 94/95 tbird and the back window was tinted in one piece.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts