TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The downturn tips on my '95 can hardly be seen from the rear. What tips can I put on them to at least show they're there? Like what size and where can I order them from?

·
Banned
377 Posts
what is ur current system?..i prefere the hidden look..but there is another member on here that is running oval style tips straight out the back...that looked cool...or even the rectangular...wich another member has (traveler i think) damn, now i want visible oval or rectangular tips..thats my next mod fur sure...if ur stock then i would get some crome 2in flared out to 2 1/4 down tips like the stock design...any auto parts store has em..pay a muffler guy 15 bucks to cut ur stock tips off and weld em on...but thats if ur stock......damn...now i want thoes oval tips...thanks alot man...lol

·
Banned
377 Posts
wow..thats some overkill man...but yes they would, but you would have to angle them downwards due to the fact of the high setting of your stock mufflers...the plus is that they would never rust and they would look nice at that angle..lol

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
he's going RICER style ROFL. I think that is way over kill... I think 3in is pushing it to be honest. If I had the money I'd have a body shop notch my rear bumper so I could just have the tips flow straight out instead of trying to put them underneath the bumper. I haven't decided what tips I want yet.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
or you could have the pipes come out before the rear tire thast what im doing with my exhuast this weekend after i get my pay check

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
ROFL. Hey if he wants 4.25 inch tips then let him. AHAHA it's his car. But I'll laugh at him if I see it. I wouldn't mind some tips like Traveler.... I really don't know what kinda of tips I am going to use for my Tbird. Maybe 3x12 in SS or so.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
yah you get much biiger it starts to looks stupid then you get near that 5 incher area your making a ricer trademark ungodly big tips that sound like a constant fart

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ROFL. Hey if he wants 4.25 inch tips then let him. AHAHA it's his car. But I'll laugh at him if I see it. I wouldn't mind some tips like Traveler.... I really don't know what kinda of tips I am going to use for my Tbird. Maybe 3x12 in SS or so.
Glad to see you're "ROFL"...Firstly, I didn't say I wanted to use the 4.25 inch tips. I was asking for advice from non-flaming members relative to how they would look. ...and, lastly, if you ever see my bird, you sure as hell won't be laughing....you'll be happy to see a wonderful car.....Like a perfect Opalesent white, BBS wheels, climate control, power seats, moon-roof, leather and 63k original miles on her.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
aww don't take us so serious sideoiler. We're just pokin a little fun at 4+in tips. thecat posted some decent links for tips. I like those much better. The 3 inch tips look pretty good but I really don't wanna dish out 100 bux on tips :/ I'll probably just have the pipes flow out underneath the bumper and put tips on when I get money.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aww don't take us so serious sideoiler. We're just pokin a little fun at 4+in tips. thecat posted some decent links for tips. I like those much better. The 3 inch tips look pretty good but I really don't wanna dish out 100 bux on tips :/ I'll probably just have the pipes flow out underneath the bumper and put tips on when I get money.
Ah-Ha, Lucky! Being a Fly-Boy, ya finally noticed my Avitar, huh? LMAO! Just kidding...I'm so friggin old now that I doubt I'd even have the strength to heft the old 50cal. I'm still looking for the right tips and a couple of suggestions here will probably make the decision for me. Who knew they would be so damned expensive! I just don't like the fact that I have duel exhausts and that nobody can tell they're there. I'd like to do a cat back system but, at this time, finances are a little tight. As many here know, my son wrecked my '05 JagXKR convertable and I'm paying hefty attorney fees because it was his fault and the insurance doesn't want to pay what the car is (or was) worth. Good old Alstate. Man, I loved that car! Here's a pic of it:
http://www.imageno.com/j5bz7vr76j21pic.html

Good luck with your exhaust!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I'm going blind or something! For the life of me, I can't find the length of these:
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=7795
Also, I'm wondering why the existing tips couldn't just be cut off about 2" or so from the muffler and then weld the new tips on so they would still be downturned? BTW/ Thanks for the info! I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The tips are around 4.5" in length (saw them in person). Check out the site as well, they do have downturns too. Good luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts