TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size tires will fit on sport 16" aluminum rims? And what size rims and tires are the biggest that I can go with without them rubbing?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
What do you mean by biggest? Width or height? Assuming you want width, you can run 255/50/16.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like widest and tallest rim and tire that will fit with no rub on turns or bumps and the best preformance tire that will fit on stock rims.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
You have to choose between tallest and widest. If you get 255's then you have to go with a very low profile. If you want taller then you have to have to get a narrower tire.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I run 235/60/16's

I don't plan on lowering my XR7 anytime soon and to me that size seems the best trade-off for height & width. They are just a tad taller then the 225/60/16's so the speedo is still pretty dead on too. I think it's like 1mph off at 60 or something like that.

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
I just put a set of 245/50/16 on the back of my Bird. I am thinking of putting a set on the front but was wondering as well how wide i could go in the front. If i put another set of 245/50/16 on front will i have rubbing issues.

C.Hill

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
...If i put another set of 245/50/16 on front will i have rubbing issues...
That is what I am running at all four corners... no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts