TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm getting 225/55-17 tires for my new wheels - was wondering if anyone has those size tires on their car's and if so, had pictures. I'm gonna try and order them tomorrow and hopefully have my wheels on next week. Just wondering what those size tires will look like.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Why would you want such narrow tires? I'd get the 245/50-17 or better yet 255/50-17. I've got the latter and they really fill up the wheel wells nicely.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
I assume you were talking to me. I currently run BFG G-Force T/A KWDS 255/50-17s on my car with 17x8 wheels with 39mm offset. I can't even get my index finger in behind it to the first knuckle, but that's all the clearance you need. They handle like a champ and look great even in a non-lowered car.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Sir William said:
I assume you were talking to me. I currently run BFG G-Force T/A KWDS 255/50-17s on my car with 17x8 wheels with 39mm offset. I can't even get my index finger in behind it to the first knuckle, but that's all the clearance you need. They handle like a champ and look great even in a non-lowered car.
yea, i was too lazy to quote you. are those the same tires you had in the mn12 nats video? they seem to be priced about right, but the tread doesnt look too aggressive, at least on tirerack

im with you on the width tho, ive got 9" and up front im lucky to slide a nickel in there. but they handle real nice and dont rub.... often :cool:

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
the don't look agressive but they ARE........ I really like mine, the Fronts have 15,000 on them and still over 1/2 tread, on my second set of rears though :). When the roads are wet you CAN"T tell, they grip so good There also pretty CHEAP for a 17" tire. (got mine locally for 120$ each +tax ) They also work good in snow (well as good as a 255 wide tire can go in snow)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts