TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Overall even when the Coopers were not rattling my teeth loose, the BFGs perform better. Wet & Dry. She's my daily driver ~63 miles / day. While the wet traction may not be as good as an all weather tire, she still performs well. I drive fairly aggressive and do tone it down a bit when raining, but rarely have I had her fishtail unexpectedly.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I've had good luck with Nittos. Ran a set of their NT555s on 17" wheels for about ten years with no issues other than an occasional re-balance. Good wet and dry traction, nice appearance, reasonable noise. When I switched to 18" wheels I upgraded to the new NT555 Gen 2 tires, and liked them equally well. Wet traction is said to be better with the Gen 2s; I didn't notice much difference. But, with the new motor setup the car could not hook even on dry pavement, so I added NT555Rs on the back. They have been a pleasant surprise, with not only improved traction but decent handling and noise level. They aren't scary in the wet, either, at least so far with a reasonable amount of tread on them.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It rained toward the end of the day today, was wet and drizzly on the drive home and people were slow.... I was more aggressive than usual in the rain/ wet roads. I'm very pleased with the BFGs. Really only broke loose from a standstill when making an aggressive turn, slight correction and was easily back at it. I'm sold on them, at least at a factory 15" rim size.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts